Hi-point .45 holster by Ace Case

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by HighPointHarry, Jun 21, 2015.

1. HighPointHarry

HighPointHarry Member

Hello,
    I recently received this holster/mag as a gift from my wife, who isn't a fan of firearms and thought it was awesome that she seems to be changing her position on them ever so slightly since having one in the home. Here is the link to the exact holster/mag I received. http://www.hi-pointfirearms.net/proddetail.php?prod=HP45ACP004 what do you guys think of them? My main concern with the holster is the steel clip, it will dig into my leg as I go about my day and eventually become painful. Is there any way of stopping this short of replacing the holster completely? I also would like to know how on earth anyone is supposed to get that darn clip off if they wanted to wear it on the left hip, thanks for reading.

2. I have one of these for my CF380, and honestly I don't care for it. Most of my issues are around the clip, it does dig/cut into your side as you wear it. If you had a good belt on you could probably get away with removing the clip and just using the belt attachment. Also my gun rides just a little too high when I wear it in this holster, I would something just an inch or two lower. For the price with a free magazine it is not bad, but if you are looking for a long wearing holster (more than a couple of hours) I would suggest you look elsewhere.

3. HighPointHarry

HighPointHarry Member

I'm not sure if its recently been changed but they do sell the holsters separate for $20, at least for the .45. I don't have any issues with height, just that darn clip, I did wrap the protruding part of the clip that digs in my leg in several layers of electrical tape to fill in the gap and smooth the profile a bit, it seems to help but not much. I would like to try and see what else if anything I can do to fix the issue though, I really want to support my wife in her new found open mindedness regarding firearms and feel like discarding her gift to me would only hurt her newfound open mind towards the subject.

4. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

I have that holster and it works well for what I use it for. I just use the clip to hold it on a thick leather belt. No issues.

5. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Yep, it's not a "clip it to yer pants and wear it all day" holster, it's a "clip it to yer gun belt at the range or in the woods" holster, and it's great for that.

There are better holsters for edc.

You might just be able to do it by clipping over your belt, but still outside your pants. Maybe?

6. HighPointHarry

HighPointHarry Member

I'll have to give that a try...

7. GoesBang

GoesBang Supporting Member

I can't stand the holsters with the metal beltclips. They are sharp enough to cut you.

8. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Loosen yer belt a touch...:p

9. I had a hard time trying to find a holster for my HP 45. Finally found the Bulldog Extreme size 8 that fits the HP and has a front mag pouch. It has both the removable steel 2" belt clip and webbed belt loop. I removed the metal belt clip and use the belt loop with my 1 1/2" belt for a tighter fit and less slop. A 2" belt would be even better. :)