Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question, my buddies brother-in-law has a Hi Point .45 that he said is 8-9 years old, of course he claims it's junk and wants $125 for it. He says it is stainless steel and only has about 75 rounds through it cause it was a jam-o-matic he claims. Basically, has anyone heard of these stainless ones? I tried to search a little and didn't come up with anything on the .45, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy it this weekend. He said the box has the sticker on it that sold for $239 back around 2000-2001, plus $125 for a .45 isn't too bad. Any info would be appreciated!!

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
Re: Hi Point .45 Stainless

stainless is NEWS to me.

Either way my advice is BUY it. Send it in for free inspection & repairs via the guarantee.

If you DON'T want to buy, can i??? :devilsidesmile:

·
Registered
3,851 Posts

Heck Yeah, buy it. If ya don't like it, just send it back to HP and get yourself a NEW gun+a new mag to boot. :yes: :yay!:

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I'm just questioning the stainless part, never heard of it before! I guess I'll find out this weekend, I just wanted to see if he was full of it about it being stainless.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

That was my first thought, but he said he bought it new that way, so I thought for sure it wasn't a HP. But, he swears up and down that it is.....we'll see I suppose!

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts

That was my first thought, but he said he bought it new that way, so I thought for sure it wasn't a HP. But, he swears up and down that it is.....we'll see I suppose!
If it safely spits .45ACP in the general direction of your target ya can't go wrong for $125, even if it's [ack, cough spit] NOT a Hi-Point.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Well, I saw it last night and it is the old style JH 45, but the slide is either stainless or polished or something! It looks factory also, and the box said Hi Point Firearms and model JH 45 SS, which to me looks like it means that it is stainless. Here's one crappy cell phone pic:

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Yeah, looks like it's never been fired and it pretty much hasn't! He said that he put about 75 rounds through it when he initially bought it, called it junk and put it back in the box. His main gripe is that it is too heavy, which it is pretty heavy with the older frame, but the thing looks great! Not sure if I wanna grab it up or not! :devilsidesmile:

·
Registered
2,018 Posts

They used to have chrome or nickel plated slides... could this be one of those?

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

It has to be, he bought it new and said he didn't touch it, came out of the box that way! I may just pick it up to sell it on here, I really don't need another one!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts

Quick question, my buddies brother-in-law has a Hi Point .45 that he said is 8-9 years old, of course he claims it's junk and wants $125 for it. He says it is stainless steel and only has about 75 rounds through it cause it was a jam-o-matic he claims. Basically, has anyone heard of these stainless ones? I tried to search a little and didn't come up with anything on the .45, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy it this weekend. He said the box has the sticker on it that sold for $239 back around 2000-2001, plus $125 for a .45 isn't too bad. Any info would be appreciated!!
If you are really in that much doubt. I will buy it.......... either buy it for me and I will pay you back with shipping & fees to my FFL...... or PM me his address and phone number and I will settle up with him............... Thanks.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.