Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been trying to find a 4595 .45 cal Carbine. No one has them. Every dealer I tried was out of stock. Anyon have an idea when Hi-Point is going to be restocking or back in production for the carbine??? Currently have a 45 JHP semi auto and love the impression it makes. . . Can't wait to get the carbine.

·
Premium Member
8,277 Posts
Welcome to the sight heavyweapons. Dec 2011 set a record for FBI firearms background checks: The previous record was set in Nov 2011. Demand is high, and has been since the economy collapsed. A year ago it was hard to find primers for crying out loud. The 4595 has been a major success and demand is high. Keep searching and figure out the internet purchase options. You'll find one.

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
Welcome to the sight heavyweapons. Dec 2011 set a record for FBI firearms background checks: The previous record was set in Nov 2011. Demand is high, and has been since the economy collapsed. A year ago it was hard to find primers for crying out loud. The 4595 has been a major success and demand is high. Keep searching and figure out the internet purchase options. You'll find one.
Neither are that hard to find

Any shortages are just locally and caused by horders or the dealer using a distributor and not buying direct. Gunbroker list many of them regular if you want to pay a ffl and shipping.

Primers I bought a brick last week, and had a mutitude of choices to pick from. Haven't had an issue the past 2 to 4 years other than the prices.

If your local gundealer doesn't have them change dealers

Here's several

http://www.bobsnorfolk.com/advanced...ords=1&plural=1&s=1&keywords=Hi+Point+carbine

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=267921680

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=267183907

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I have a couple of local dealers I do business with looking. I know I'll find one, it's my b-day present from my wife. Gotta love a woman who'll buy you a gun. lol.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Most of the distributors were out of all the carbines before Christmas. They have started to come back in, I have finally got 4095's which I have been waiting for for a month, and 995's and 4595's are starting to show up again too. MKS only sells to distributors, not directly to dealers, and Hi-Points are allocated through most distributors, so they can be hard for the smaller shops to get.

·
4595TS
3 Posts
I was lucky enough to pick mine up at a local gun shop. They had 3 of the 4595TS and 2 used 9mm 9595's and a 4095. The guy at the shop said that they were having issues getting the 9mm shipped to them due to Hi-Point selling out to quickly.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Finally Found 4595TS

Finally tracked down a 4595TS. Had to drive 70 miles to get it, but at least I got it. Couldn't wait to go to the range. Ran home, picked up my shooting box and Hi Point 45 pistol and off to the range I went.

Took a bit to get the carbine sighted in using the stock sights. But, once I got it, I got it. Was shooting at 50 yards and grouped about 8 shots into a 4-5" circle. Then I started to have fun with it. Just point shooting at a couple of plastic pumpkins on the range - made them dance. I am so glad I finally got the carbine.

Not one single FTL or FTF. Used around 200 rounds of Tullo Ammo (cheap steel casing 235 grain ball). Then ran a mag of Winchester 235 gr JHP's through it to shake it out.

Actually reached out to MKS a couple of days ago regarding availability. A VP e-mailed me. Said backorded all the time. Most places don't even get to inventory them they go out so fast.

Lots of questions from guys on the range - what is that? It's cool looking. .45 Cal? It was fun to have it perform flawlessly. No negative comments from anyone. I would have told them to bug off anyway. It is a great firearm.

Just ordered a few extras from HiPoinfirearms.net. Let the good times rock and roll.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Finally Found 4595TS

Finally tracked down a 4595TS. Had to drive 70 miles to get it, but at least I got it. Couldn't wait to go to the range. Ran home, picked up my shooting box and Hi Point 45 pistol and off to the range I went.

Took a bit to get the carbine sighted in using the stock sights. But, once I got it, I got it. Was shooting at 50 yards and grouped about 8 shots into a 4-5" circle. Then I started to have fun with it. Just point shooting at a couple of plastic pumpkins on the range - made them dance. I am so glad I finally got the carbine.

Not one single FTL or FTF. Used around 200 rounds of Tullo Ammo (cheap steel casing 235 grain ball). Then ran a mag of Winchester 235 gr JHP's through it to shake it out.

Actually reached out to MKS a couple of days ago regarding availability. A VP e-mailed me. Said backorded all the time. Most places don't even get to inventory them they go out so fast.

Lots of questions from guys on the range - what is that? It's cool looking. .45 Cal? It was fun to have it perform flawlessly. No negative comments from anyone. I would have told them to bug off anyway. It is a great firearm.

Just ordered a few extras from HiPointfirearms.net. Let the good times rock and roll.

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
Congrats to the max both for you finally getting one and the outstanding test drive! Good things come to those who keep after it!

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
HW,
Congrats on the carbne. My 4595 did not group as well at 50 as yours. Any special ammo you used?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No special ammo. TulAmmo 235 gr ball. (Russian made, steel case) cheap. Was using a 4x30 scope. Going out again this weekend. Picked up a C9 also so the almost full compliment of HiPoints will be in service. C9, 45JHP and 4595.

·
Premium Member
1,782 Posts
Picked up my very lightly used 4595 about a month ago. Traded a Kel-Tech PLR-16 and $100 and got the carbine and a Taurus MillPro PT145. Had a lot of trouble with the sights but took them off and put on a red dot and it's been a blast since then. Shop had two and my buddy got the other one. Having fun tricking it out and love the reactions it gets at the range.

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
with the red dot scop i have on mine I can shoot the bullseye completely off of the target at 50 yds. but I can still use the iron sights in a pinch if I have too !

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
the 45s seem to be the most common in my neck of the woods. called 4 dealers and they all had them in stock. Now the 995 is one i can not find anywhere or the 4095. The dealers were saying that the 995 are harder to keep in stock due to the cheeper price on ammo for them.

·
Premium Member
1,782 Posts
No special ammo. TulAmmo 235 gr ball. (Russian made, steel case) cheap. Was using a 4x30 scope. Going out again this weekend. Picked up a C9 also so the almost full compliment of HiPoints will be in service. C9, 45JHP and 4595.
Helps to hear that the 4595 will handle the steel. Been shooting all brass because it seems only my Eastern-bloc guns handle steel - my Mak and SKS eat it just fine but Western-made guns don't like it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts