Hi Point 995 Carbine Lower Reciever

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Parts and Accessories For Sale or Trade' started by ShaneRene, Aug 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShaneRene

ShaneRene Member

Building a 995 and need a Lower Receiver. Help!

2. talon

talon the banned wagon

A brand new complete carbine is under 300 bucks. Just buy one, save yourself the wasted time trying to find a reciever.

3. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Didn't know 995's and ARs shared nomenclature like that.

4. talon

talon the banned wagon

Just wait til he tries finding a used Hi Point forward assist.

5. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Who was it that was looking for a barrel and every part but the receiver? Maybe you can sell him your parts kit.

6. cicpup

Vermont
    It's one of those "for lack of a better word" things.

7. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Not really. "Stock" comes to mind as the only conceivable part of the carbine that could be considered the lower receiver since the "upper" contains everything it needs to go bang.

8. cicpup

Vermont
    It seems they're able to be stripped down to basically the boom block with serial # (receiver). No idea how. Would never try.

9. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    ADAM-0 I believe...
    :D

10. Rachgier

It's not difficult, but now I'm curious as to what specifically he needs. The complete receiver assembly is 25+ parts not counting the barrel and has the S/N, like you said.

11. ShaneRene

ShaneRene Member

I'm only looking for a Receiver. On a Hi Point it's just simply called the receiver. Does anyone have any real answers? All I hear is questions to my questions. Does anyone have a receiver to sell?

12. ShaneRene

ShaneRene Member

Yes I know how much a new one cost but that was not my question. I will ask it again. Does anyone have a 995 receiver to sell?

13. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    So...you mean...the gun? The part with the serial number? Part number 37 in the drawing? That requires an FFL to transfer?

My guess is no. Because you can almost build a free gun starting with that part, mostly for free, just a few parts would need to be bought.

But good luck!:)

14. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

A receiver is the portion which has the serial number.
    That is legally the firearm.
    These will have to be transferred through a dealer with the appropriate checks.

15. ShaneRene

ShaneRene Member

I have a brand new stock and I can find every part. All I need is the receiver itself. Not the Barrel or the shroud. just the receiver.

16. SWAGA

Yeah, we get it.
    You said it like 4 times already.

17. ShaneRene

ShaneRene Member

Some of us just do not want the government to have every piece of info about our life. So when the try to take your guns guess who there coming to. The ones that gave up the life story at the ffl dealer. I rather stick with the private people myself.

18. Rachgier

The receiver, as previously stated, carries the S/N and will require an FFL transfer; unless you find one locally for a ftf transfer. Right now you have very few posts, absolutely zero interaction or presence on the forum, and you are asking for the only part of the firearm with legal liability attached to it.

I believe it is extremely unlikely that anyone here would be willing to risk making a deal with you at this point in time. Perhaps you will have better luck on an anonymous auction site.

19. SWAGA

This is what you are not understanding.
    Hi point firearms have lifelong warranty.
    There are used parts out there but even if it's been run by over by a truck HP will fix it.
    In 5 years I've never seen a HP carbine receiver for sale.
    Barrel kits yes. Stock kits yes, miscellaneous nuts and bolts yes, although you get those for free from HP.

So you want to build a gun off the radar, off the grid?
    Follow the advise you've been given.
    Buy an entire gun in a person to person deal.
    If that's even legal in your state.

If you think one of the members here is going to ship you a receiver, fohgettaboutit.....:cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.