Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new to find here so i will do my besssdttt explaining the issue. It seems like the magazine lips are too low or too tight and it doesn't allow the round to sit high enough up in the magazine to close on it through battery. I slightly bent the from parts out a little bit and ill get to test it on friday but im curious if all high point mags have these issues. These are 10 rounders. Thank you.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Im new to find here so i will do my besssdttt explaining the issue. It seems like the magazine lips are too low or too tight and it doesn't allow the round to sit high enough up in the magazine to close on it through battery. I slightly bent the from parts out a little bit and ill get to test it on friday but im curious if all high point mags have these issues. These are 10 rounders. Thank you.
Do you have before and after pictures?

Was the positioning of the cartridge at the magazine lips so incorrect that you could not at least try to charge a round?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have before and after pictures?

Was the positioning of the cartridge at the magazine lips so incorrect that you could not at least try to charge a round?
I dont have pictures but i can take some later. They made the round seat low if that makes sense.

After loading a magazine and releasing the charging handle it wouldnt grab the round into the chamber.

·
Premium Member
35,847 Posts
That’s not a good thing, never heard of it being that bad, but if it is actually completely seated, and still didn’t strip a round, then yes, spreading the straight rear lips outward slightly has been known to make unreliable C9’s into reliable guns.

Stupid but obligatory questions....you were using 9x19 ammo, and the mag was fully seated, and you DID pull the SLIDE completely to the rear, past the rear of the rounds?

Edited...slide, not mag. Doh!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's not a good thing, never heard of it being that bad, but if it is actually completely seated, and still didn't strip a round, then yes, spreading the straight rear lips outward slightly has been known to make unreliable C9's into reliable guns.

Stupid but obligatory questions....you were using 9x19 ammo, and the mag was fully seated, and you DID pull the mag completely to the rear, past the rear of the rounds?
Definitely the right ammo and the magazine was clicked into place. However I adjusted the front lips of the magazine so it allows the spring to push a round higher so it can cycle properly. Havent tested it yet but well see.

I'm not sure what pulling the magazine means? Sorry

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's not a good thing, never heard of it being that bad, but if it is actually completely seated, and still didn't strip a round, then yes, spreading the straight rear lips outward slightly has been known to make unreliable C9's into reliable guns.

Stupid but obligatory questions....you were using 9x19 ammo, and the mag was fully seated, and you DID pull the SLIDE completely to the rear, past the rear of the rounds?

Edited...slide, not mag. Doh!
No slide as this is for the carbine 995 9mm

·
Premium Member
35,847 Posts
No slide as this is for the carbine 995 9mm
Yeah....should have used the word "bolt".

And the FRONT lips aren't the ones that matter. Getting the round up high enough to be stripped by the bolt is handled by the rear lips.

But hey...a double feed means you are at least getting it high enough.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts