Hi point 995TS paint chip of muzzle/crown or crown damage?

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by Clearslugjuice, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Clearslugjuice

Clearslugjuice Member

Hello, I got this one highpoint 995 brand new and ran a carbon fiber rod with a brass tip + a brass jag down bore very lightly and not too many passes and noticed some paint chips from the crown (I think I noticed 2 directly on the crowns) and around the crown area. Will this ruin accuracy or is my crown damaged by the brass jag/rod tip?

Also, is this just paint coming off the rifling and crown? It seems like even the lands/groves are painted. The picture I have with the red arrows are from my 995ts. The 2nd picture is of a Hi point pistol with paint peeling off the barrel so I was wondering if your hi point carbines have paint peeling of the crown/muzzle too.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Now you dunnit.
    Its broke.

3. Clearslugjuice

Clearslugjuice Member

Is your hi point like this too and is this normal?

4. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

I was messing with you.
    Its paint.
    Doesn’t affect anything.

CowboyBob and Clearslugjuice like this.
  5. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Well, first, it's probably no damage to the crown. That said, has your accuracy decreased? Does it shoot to the same standard as it did before?

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

6. Clearslugjuice

Clearslugjuice Member

I never shot it yet at the time I took those pictures but a week or so ago, I ended up shooting it and got about a little over an inch and a half group at 25 yards. I'm not much of a carbine shooter so I'm not sure what the accuracy standards are as I mainly shoot medium to long range.

7. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

That's not too horrible for 9 mm but I would still expect better. Have you tried different ammo or just the one kind?

Peace favor your sword (mobile)

8. Clearslugjuice

Clearslugjuice Member

Not yet. Perhaps I'll shoot again with different ammo and post results. I only had the one unknown brand I was using.

TNTRAILERTRASH and lklawson like this.
  9. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Trying to find anything in 9 right now is tough!

Welcome to the insanity.