hi-point 995ts what was I thinking

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by bean20547, Nov 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bean20547

bean20547 Member

To start this was my first and only hi point experience. Picked up a new 995ts for 265 with 3 mags thought they get good reviews I'll try it. Loaded the mags with Remington umc pulled the charging handle would not go into battery. Eject new mag repeat. The point of this is hopefully someone at hi point will see this. Thank you for making a junk product thank you for making a Ohio native disgusted to have your factory here. And thank you for offering to send me a new mag to see if that's fixes the problem. And thank you for letting me know if I pay to ship you the weapon you swear it will function when it leaves rather than just making it will run before. In short save your money buy a quality firearm don't ever put yourself in a situation where your family's safety is dependent on a hi point

2. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    "OK, Love ya Lady. Bye Bye"

3. I had to send a Springfield 1911 back for repairs.
    I even had to send a Ruger revolver back.
    My Hi Point, however, is working fine.
    I understand the frustration but any gun can have problems.
    Send that puppy in and get it fixed.

4. bean20547

bean20547 Member

It is not worth the hassle to send it in my ruger pc9 has 3-4k down range no issues my Marlin camp 9 has at least 2000 with a new bushing every 1000 or so. Brand new gun won't even run a 10 round mag without a malfunction. I have been a avid shooter,hunter,collector for most of my adult life I have experienced a lot of firearms with "break in issues" but I have never seen the likes of this. This 995 is worse the the most cobbled up century wasr ak build in history. The only way to load a round is to drop it directly in the breach. I understand the draw of these they are cheap I get it but a sharp stick is free and that is more reliable than the 995 that is laying in the toolbox of my truck.

5. cicpup

Vermont
    Give you $50 to take that POS off your hands.

6. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

It is probably something simple. If you were sincerely looking for help instead of getting on this forum and slamming hp's, someone would probably help you. This is seriously the wrong place to be slamming. Everyone on this forum loves their hp's. I have 2 carbines and they have been flawless.

7. cicpup

Vermont
    Yea. The mags need breaking in & tweaking. But who the hell wants to help someone who walks in your house and starts throwing $#!t all over the place?

8. bean20547

bean20547 Member

My Intention's is a dig at who ever at hi point mite see this. I have the same rites to voice my opion on these guns as everyone else. If you all want to bum rush me attack me do what ever you feel you need to do. Those of you that have them and they run congratulations mine is as useful as a boat paddel. As far as selling it keep watching for the link to YouTube to see how my 995ts meets in end.

9. Dang if he ain't slamming my wasrs as well. I've had zero problems from my 995 and C9....even less problems from my Wasr!!!!

10. bean20547

bean20547 Member

Rich its deeper than a mag issue. And there you go tweak the mags brand new gun see the problem. The last for 1911's I bought had the same problem. Wait wait by tweak do you mean reload and repeat? Call me crazy call me a a$$hole I just think a new gun needs to be cleaned and shot shouldn't have to spend a afternoon playing with it just to make a gun shoot

11. cicpup

Vermont
    Can I call you "misguided & confused"? This is at the bottom of every page on this forum.

"Hipointfirearmsforum.com is not in any way associated with Hi-Point Firearms or MKS Supply LLC"

Nobody at Hi-Point is going to see your nonsense or care.

12. bean20547

bean20547 Member

Not slaming the wasr but compared to my robar veper or my mak 90 or my polytech legend they are on the rough side

13. bean20547

bean20547 Member

Well then I guess it was intended to be insulting. But cheap guns cheap talk cheaper opions

14. cicpup

Vermont
    Well you succeeded. Now [email protected] off. I'm done reading your $#!t.

Times like this I really miss Talon.

15. This guy has horrible grammar... If you can't spell it doesn't surprise me that you can't operate a simple blowback firearm....

My 995TS has over 2Krnds through it with zero malfunctions... So as much as you want to bash the company as a whole, nobody here will listen, yes you may have gotten the one out of a thousand that has issues, but you come in saying that HP is a worthless company... You sir, are a worthless product reviewer.

*Drops mic*

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

16. bean20547

bean20547 Member

Maybe so but junk is junk anybody on here is welcome to stop by my range and show me how to work this simple blow back firearm. After they try and fail it will be interesting to see if the love of hi points has changed.

17. Send me a plane ticket, I'll come help you.

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

18. You sir are in a futile attempt then.

Hi-point in no way endorses this forum. Nor do they read what we say.
    So congratulations on failing.

Why?
    Because they keep selling like hot cakes.

So who is wrong?

99% of the YouTube reviews?
    or you?

19. colthrash

colthrash Member

I will see your $50 and raise it to $51...

20. TopGas

TopGas Member

It's unfortunate that you are having a less than positive experience with your new HiPoint 995TS. While others have reported having issues with HiPoint firearms (and probably others have had issues and NOT reported them), these folks are most certainly in a minority (and a small one at that)!

I think that a different approach to your issues might result in a solution that would make you feel much better about the entire situation. This is a VERY active forum and the members are very experienced with the variety of problems that can exist with most any firearm (not just HiPoint products).

First thing that I would have done is post that I was a new HiPoint owner and that I was having an issue and then describe the problem. Several members would have replied with helpful hints to get your new carbine running the way you'd expect that it would. Your choice to directly enter the negative mode is a major turn off to most of the members and so far has garnered little support.

I have three HiPoints (two pistols and a carbine) and have only experienced a few issues and those were easily remedied with info gleaned from this forum.

If it hasn't already happened, I'm sure that someone will suggest that your problem is related either to a magazine issue and/or related to the need to thoroughly clean and remove the factory applied anti-rust product that most manufacturers use. RE: the magazines, most everyone agrees that they should be "conditioned" prior to the first use. Load all three mags with 10 rounds and set them aside for a week or two. I do this with any magazine fed firearm. You didn't mention it specifically, but I assume that the mags that came with your 995TS are HiPoint factory mags. If they are ProMags, that is the most likely culprit (conditioned or not)!

Getting a new 995TS with a total of three magazines for $265 is IMHO an excellent deal. The HiPoint carbines are very popular rifles that for a while, were difficult to come by and were commanding higher prices that you paid in the used market.

So, here's what you do: 1) take several deep breaths and clear out the negative vibes. 2) check to be sure that all of your magazines are original HiPoint mags (at least one should be). If any are ProMag brand, set them aside. 3) load the HiPoint mags with 10 rounds each. They'll need to sit for at least a week maybe more. 4) while you're waiting, spend some time here on this forum reading the tips and hints on how to prep your rifle for its first (real) trip to the range. At the very least, this will entail a basic cleaning and re-lube.

I'm pretty sure if you do the things that I mentioned above, you'll have a much more satisfying day at the range.

If after that, you're still unhappy, I'll double Cicpup's offer AND pay the postage to relieve you of your problem:).

TG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.