Hi Point 9mm Chrome slide on gunbroker

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by bigfrank330, Jul 31, 2014.

1. bigfrank330

bigfrank330 Member

2. panoz77

panoz77 Member

Not chrome, but someone did a decent polish job. I would buy it for $95 if I found something like that locally.

3. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

I have the high bid on this as of right now?

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  4. panoz77

panoz77 Member

Looks that way, I'm not bidding good luck.

5. I believe after looking at it its polished by hand...the trigger is not correct. Still a cool piece, but I believe it to be a Model C stripped and polished. I'm not bidding either Macho, you should grab it cheap!

6. drifterted

drifterted Member

I'd bid... But I'd feel wrong taking it from you...

7. bigfrank330

bigfrank330 Member

Macho
    I am not bidding either

8. MachoMelvin

Thank guy's, This may be a "boondoggle", but I will take a chance. Dewiejr had mentioned MoM had mfg'd the Stallard JS-9, HP model C, & C9 in chrome at one time or another. Hopefully this is one of those???

Attached Files:

9. bluharley

bluharley Member

If that's chrome, someone polished it with a scotch brite pad, no luster. Looks like polished to me too, still nice though.

10. MachoMelvin

This is a picture of Dewiejr's Chrome Stallard JS-9. It also shows some brush marks to it? But it has the Chrome frame too?

Attached Files:

11. bluharley

bluharley Member

I don't remember where I saw it recently, but I saw a real shiny chrome Hi-Point. I'm guessing someone had it chromed.

12. panoz77

panoz77 Member

That C9 is not a factory job, it is stripped and polished. No harm, at least it looks like a good job, I have seen similar that don't look near as good.

13. Fishy1

Fishy1 Member

Soooo...Was there actually a C9 released in chrome? Are they rare?? I'd love to find one to go with my 995 chrome.

14. Yes they are very rare and hard to find. Im looking for one hardcore.

15. MachoMelvin

I have not seen any pictures yet, just rumors? I am looking to powder coat a C9 camo like the JCP & JHP, so if this doesn't turn out to be a chrome, it may very well be the camo version?

Attached Files:

16. Fishy1

Fishy1 Member

I'd be fine with a stripped and polished version if it looks decent...Im hardly a collector

17. MachoMelvin

I guess if I were to have a double C9 or Model C, I would rather have it camo? I can't count my HP's before they HATCH, I've done that before!!!

18. MachoMelvin

Thanks Guy's it is almost mine now? Unless the seller has already sold it out from under me?

19. MachoMelvin

Talked to a guy @ MKS Supply today. He did confirm that a very short run of Model C 9mm were made in the early 90's, as well as 40's & 45's. The received some grief from the EPA pertaining to the nickel they were using in the slide, so they discontinued production. I will call him back when I receive the gun & verify the serial#.