Hi-Point 9mm Magazines

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by gp100man, Jul 9, 2015.

1. gp100man

gp100man Member

I have not owned a Hi Point firearm yet, but was considering it. I like getting a lot of "BANG" for my buck so to speak.

My question is this, and I have seen on the internet it answered as yes and as no. I can't seem to get a straight answer yet.

IF I BUY A 9MM HI POINT C-9(MODEL 916 PISTOL), AND I BUY A 10 ROUND HI POINT MADE MAGAZINE FOR THIS PISTOL, WILL THAT MAGAZINE FIT AND FIRE IN A HI POINT 995TS-FL CARBINE????????????????????????????????

IF I buy the carbine, will the carbine magazines fit and fire in the pistol???????????

In other words are they interchangeable???????

2. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

The 995 Carbine magazines WILL fit the C9!
    The C9 magazine 8 or 10 rounder WILL NOT fit the carbine!

3. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    !!! NO !!!

Yes, but it's a sloppy fit.

4. gp100man

gp100man Member

Not just fit, but FIT AND FIRE----------------reliably. Anybody???

5. cicpup

Vermont
    Reread Melvin"s and my posts. You already have your answer.

To be a bit more polite, if you have a mag flopping around in a magwell it's probably not going to be 100% reliable. Also it's possible to over insert a 995 mag into a C-9 and bend the firing pin.

6. MachoMelvin

I have many many Carbine magazines & only a limited about of C9 mags for that reason. Yes, they DO fit & fire reliably!

7. cicpup

Vermont
    Fine for range play. Wouldn't want to carry it that way or trust my life to it.

8. gp100man

gp100man Member

Thank You, I will soon buy a C9 and 995TS FL.

After getting the 995TS FL, I will probably try the new REDBALL SPORTS 20 round magazine for the carbine.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDzfvH5NOnE[/ame]

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  9. MachoMelvin

If you order them now, you may have them by Christmas?

10. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

So the 15rd ProMag will fit the pistol? (not that I have a C9)

So far I have had no problems with the 14rd PM's in the JHP45.

11. VinnieD

VinnieD Member

No C9 pistol mags will fit the 995 carbine. The pistol mag has a large floor plate that extends the grip and stabilizes it in the magwell of the pistol. This gets in the way of it fitting into the 995. If you swapped for a 995 floor plate, though it will, as the magazines otherwise are the same. Though at that point you might as well have bought a 995 magazine. This is more handy if you just need parts to fix a magazine.

The 995 magazines will fit in the C9 and fire. Reports of their reliability in the C9 vary. I use nothing but 995 mags in both my 995 and C9 and have not had any hiccups in either. Since the 995 magazine sticks out and doesn't have the larger floor plate there isn't as much stabilizing its position in the mag well of the C9, but it does fit and feed. You could wrap a thick rubber band around the magazine a few times if you wanted to have a quick way of increasing stability without permanently modifying the magazine.

Promag magazines will fit in the C9 if you remove the plastic sleeve over them, but they will not feed reliably. This is more because promag makes horribly magazines. They don't work that well in the 995 for most people either.

The Redball 20 round mags don't seem to be available yet.

So
    C9 mags: Fit C9. Do not fit 995.
    995 mags: Fit C9 and cycle. Fit 995 and cycle.
    Promags: Fit 995 and cycle unreliably. Fit C9 and do not cycle.
    Redball: Not available yet.

12. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Vinne as long as I don't accidently stuff 16rds on my ProMags they feed fine. The latest version is excellent. I own 9 of them and they work.

13. I have had the same experience with my C9 and 995ts.

14. talon

talon the banned wagon

Dont hold your breathe on the redball mags. Continuous excuses and pushing back the release date. You've got a better chance of seeing Bigfoot.

15. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Bull's loose again!!!

16. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

I haven't been outside my AO this month, and most of last..... OT out the wazoo!.... The only sighting would be the Chinese version of Squatch..... The elusive Dragon ass Bigfoot......

17. gp100man

gp100man Member

Thank you VinnieD.

18. Galloway6

Galloway6 Possum Lodge Member Supporting Member

some good info here, thanks guys.

19. I'm in the process of modifying the base of a C9 10 round mag to act as sleeve; in the end I'm hoping to have something that I can attach and detach from the base of my grip. Not looking for it to be a permanent fixture.

Attached Files: