Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went with my buddy the other day to get my second c9, he was supposed to get one himself. i bought my c9 but he said he didn't want one to blocky,so he paid $100 more for a kel tec 9mm. we went to the range my c9 fired 50 round without a hiccup, the kel tec jammed about twice each mag. the last 50 rounds the hi point again fired without fail, the kel tec was the same or worse. the hi point was more accurate and faster to shoot with the single action trigger, the kel tec trigger was hard. so after 100 rounds i'm happy i have 2 c9's and lovem both, my buddy took the kel tec back and traded for the c9, we going to the range this week i know he will be happy now.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
ah......... both happy. That is till one of you decides you want to carry!

Many carry the C9 of course, but the KT, whether P-11 or PF-9 are really two different animals. The KelTecs really are designed as carry pieces. I have both the HP and KT. I can outshoot the KT all day long with the C9. But when time to go to the dance, the P-11 is an easier, and in my mind, safer carry.

Also, I've not had a single issue with either gun and I'm on my second P-11. All have been flawless.

Anyhow - it's GREAT your C9 is rockin' n rollin'. Keep it up and let us know how the rest of the break-in goes!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Chalk up another one for the C9!!!

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts
Well, they are not really comparable. As for the KelTec; neither my PF9 nor P3AT fail to feed reliably. Were they unreliable I'd not keep them. The PF9 is often found on my person due to its small size, ease of concealability, and that the round is more powerful than the .380 while the pistol is not much larger. The PF9 is really a pocket pistol with a punch.

The C9 has never failed to feed (I got mine used, well broken in) and has very little recoil. It is also just about my last choice for a carry pistol due to its size and mass. I have .45s that are smaller and lighter than the C9!

We all make our own choices.
YMMV :think:

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
For a range pistol or glove box pistol I love my C9, but its too large for me to CC except during the dead of winter when wearing a large coat.

For everyday carry, especially during the hot South Carolina summers, I prefer my KelTec P3AT. I use a Fobus paddle holster, hate IWB carry, and it disappears under my t-shirt, my cell phone prints more than the P3AT does.

In the past I owned a KT P11. It was not a pleasant gun to shoot due to its small size and horrible DAO trigger, but mine was 100% reliable and accurate enough for SD shooting distances. Due to its size a lot of people have limp wristing issues with the P11's and the newer PF9's, this could have been the problem your friend was having with his KT, or it just needed to settle in and be shot more.

G

·
I have both the C9 and a Kel-Tec P11. The basic differance is,
1. I hit better with the C9
2. The kel-tec dosn't make my pants fall down when in my front pocket.

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
I have a C9 (and another on layaway), and love 'em. However I'm interested in KelTec for the reasons others have already given -- it's built for carry. Mind you, I haven't fired a Keltec, but they are lighter weapons and I wonder of the jams were due to limp wristing agravated by the greater kick. Maybe not, but it's a thought.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts