Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with a Skyy 9mm? Let me explain. Currently I have a Skyy 9mm CPX 1 that has been sent off for repair for the 2nd time in 2 or 3 months. Skyy has a warranty the same as Hi point (life time). I love the options and size of the Skyy, but I think the reliability is not there. When I get it back I am thinking of selling it for what I can get out of it and buying a Hi point. The guy from Skyy said he was going to send me a new one rather than a repair mine, in an effort to restore my faith. The reason I am asking if anyone has experience with Skyy is to compare quality, cost ( hi point is less expensive), warranty (the same), and over all performance. I have had ALOT of problems with this Skyy I purchased a hi point 995 a couples of weeks ago and was totally blown away. It is a basic gun, that is awesome. I will have me a C9, but I don't know if I should get rid of a gun to do it. I am interested in what ya'll think.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i owned a kel-tec p11 i thought the skyy was something along those lines just with a safety. I would spend the extra money and get a Bersa 9 compact 13 rounder. Thats what i was going to get instead of the c9 big mistake looks like my buddy's getting a new C9 i just put the hogue grip on it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I do not have a skyy (AKA scyy) nor shot one but I watched them pretty closely when they first came out. They have definitely hit a few bumps out of the gate which is unfortunate. They were initially touted as being able to run with the keltecs..but with a safety which was attractive to many. In my opinion you are comparing two different styles of pistols. cpx is designed more as a concealment piece and C9 in my opinion is not.

If you want a gun that is more fun to shoot and more reliable, go for the c9...but if you want something that is more concealable look at the keltecs. I have heard mixed reviews of the newer P9 (at least the earlier released version) but the p11 seems to be fairly well reviewed.

Me personally I've got a p3at on my radar as my next purchase. that gun is small!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.