Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I recently purchased a C9 handgun in a private sale. I'm not overly familiar with these handguns, as they are "rare" in my state due to not being on our "approved roster list". Before anyone jumps down my throat, everything i did was 110% legal.

When I purchased this, the seller said they purchased an aftermarket trigger spring (but did not take any steps to install it according to him), and since the spring bag was factory sealed still, I took him at his word.

I got home, and watched a few youtube clips on how to field strip the firearm before I went downstairs to my workbench. Removing the slide took a bit of finesse, but i figured it out quickly. I unscrewed the grips (to check for surface rust), and several metal parts started falling out of the magwell. I imagine this isn't a standard "easy cleaning" feature for these firearms. It also made me think....if random parts are falling out, I'd rather have someone knowledgable to look it over. I'm going to give the company a call to mail it away so they can ensure it's safe to fire (when properly assembled at least).

A few questions. From my research, it seems the only charge i'm responsible for is the shipping cost to mail it. Is this accurate? Also, how long typically is the turnaround time for their warranty work?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,740 Posts
First, Welcome to the zoo. Second, there's no need to mail the pistol back to MOM just yet. It isn't unusual for parts to fall out of the grips when an inexperienced owner first does a tear down. Just wait, there's plenty of expert help here. Take some picks of what fell out and how fr you disassembled the pistol. Then we ca can talk you through putting it back together the right way. And, speaking of the right way, throw that MCARBO spring in the garbage unless you want to risk turning your C9 into an full auto. If all of us had a dollar for every time this topic has come up in the past two years, we could each buy our own island. Read the Sticky about the replacement spring.
Final question - yes, your intell is accurate

·
Super Moderator
8,976 Posts
I recently purchased a C9 handgun in a private sale. I'm not overly familiar with these handguns, as they are "rare" in my state due to not being on our "approved roster list".
"Approved Roster List"? Sounds like you might be from the Bay State.

·
Super Moderator
8,976 Posts
I apologize for posting this thread 3 times! The website kept freezing and acting like it wasn't posting.
Apology accepted; the duplicates have been removed.

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
Probably one of the better assembly videos out there

1 - 6 of 6 Posts