hi point c9

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Reviews & Range Reports' started by mpshield, Oct 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mpshield

mpshield Member

shoot one other day ,good shooter no problems ,except why does grip on these guns hurt your hand,even my 45 hipoint....my other guns don't do this,,,,:)

2. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    You're probably holding it too high, and too tight.

Seriously, they are big guns, you don't have to control them like a typical carry gun or IPSC shooter.

Just relax, quit trying to hold it like the typical "operator" wanna-be, and it will be fine.;)

At least...that's my guess.:p

3. Hipointer

Hipointer Member

Good advice. I find that I do best when I'm not trying too hard...just having fun. Some of the best groups I ever shot were done while "having fun".

4. mpshield

mpshield Member

c 9

not that..they need improve the grip metals hurts like hell,,,my mp,,glock never done that,,,i know how to shoot,,,try this gun out for fun,,,,,gotta say they work if they redesign grip,ate ammo good,,,,just a pain on hand.....I put thousands of rounds thru high dollars gun had not this problem:)

5. talon

talon the banned wagon

The grips aren't metal. And I've never heard of anyone else ever complain the grips "hurt" them.
    My daughter, my son, kids as young as 7 have fired my HiPoints, both pistol and carbines and none ever complained the grips hurt them in any way. That being said, with personal experience and a forum full of members with the same guns, if your hand hurts its clearly got to be something you're doing.

6. mpshield

mpshield Member

fraid not,,its just a cheap throw away gun,,,my 45 did same ,,back of gun is metal,,,,guess you get what you pay......for...any way thought I ask,,,it was a friend of mines,,noway I own a hot point.....take few dollars more get a smith or glock something worh happen,,,i wont let kids shoot a hipoint it might blow up

Attached Files:

7. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

Guess the Shield has never gone KABOOM???

8. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

If you shoot the same way you type...... Yeah, it's all you......

9. talon

talon the banned wagon

The back of the gun isn't the grips genius.
    Since you don't even know the parts, i doubt you have any clue about anything else either.

And as far as "fraid not"...'fraid so. Hundreds of members, and thier children who all can handle a HP without it hurting thier hands, that leaves the problem as your the problem. Those delicate little she-hands of yours.

10. Hipointer

Hipointer Member

Not trying to be a tough guy mpshield, but I have the Shield 9mm, have had it about a year now, and to me it feels a little top heavy...just like my Hi Points. Also, the "back of the gun" you are talking about, I assume your talking about the grip frame, is polymer just like the Shield. I guess we are all kinda confused as to what your calling the back of the gun.

Look, the Hi Point will not have the "cool" factor as the S&W will, but for half the price it is cool enough. Plus, to be honest, my Hi Point pistols have performed just as well as both of my S&W pistols have.

I guess some of us that have been Hi Point owners for quite some time, and on this forum, have learned that although the rest of the gun industry and owners want to roll their eyes when we mention the (Heaven forbid) ownership of said Hi Points, we have learned that they are just being arrogant and really seem to be trying to find some reason to justify their ignorance of what a bargain a Hi Point product is. We tend to get defensive.

I am not trying to dump on your issue with a sore hand, while shooting a Hi Point, just trying to understand what is exactly happening that is causing the problem.

Peace.

11. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

I can't believe some of you let yourself get trolled like this.
    Locking it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.