Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you guys would be willing to use your Hi-Point pistol/carbines in a battle/shtf situation?

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
If it was what I had at the time and I was unable to get to any of my other weapons, I would make due with what I had until I could get something better. It would not be my first choice and would be replaced at the soonest opportunity.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Here we go again....if its all you got......need AR......only good for plinking........weve been down this road before and I cant find the old post but maybe you can. Everybody just agree to disagree. If its all you have its the best option.IMO

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
My brother in law wants to buy his first gun, just for plinking, but he didn't want to go with a .22. So I told him about a few pistol carbines and in his price range were the HP or the Kel-Tec sub 2000. So I took him to a few gun stores to get his hands on them, one shop has a 4095. I told him they ae great little guns and the only draw back is the low cap mags, the guy behind the counter tells me that they are used by alot of police forces, I found it rather hard to not laugh at the guy. If you plan on using your carbine for combat you are a bit foolish to not spend the extra cash and get a pistol caliber AR or an MP5 but as mentioned if it is all I had or the choice was between a HP carbine or a pistol I would go carbine.

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
according to Jack Lewis in 7th edition "Assault Weapons"

Texas Dept. of Criminal Justice
Dept. of Homeland Security in several locales
US marshalls in several locales
Tampa FL PD
Denver CO PD
he also said there were "nemerous police departments from smaller twons that dont have the budget for high dollar AR type rifles."

SW

·
Registered
33 Posts
add Geneva Ala. the 4095 is there trunk gun for there squad cars. I think in close quarters this is hands down a better weapon than a ww2 bolt. the caliber is that of an uzzi right? I have a tac light,red dot laser, red dot optic with a see thru mount, and a 15 mag that has had no problems. if the shtf I could DEFEND myself. I would not want this as my ofensive weapon but for defense and evade yep.

·
Registered
224 Posts
SW you are the Man!! thats no BS. Dixie howd ya get that 15rder to work or are you one of the lucky mofos that it works for?

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
Like the M1 Carbine. .30 caliber not that powerful, almost a pistol shell.

I would have much rather carried a more powerful rifle that it but many GI's were issued them.

I read where there were instances where the .30 round didn't penetrate the Chinese winter gear during the Korean conflict.

Personally I would rather have a full battle or assault rifle. But you do with what you have. If all you have is a carbine, you plan your actions accordingly.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I was issued an M2 Carbine in korea, great little carbine, I think my ATI'd 995 only falls ahort in the high capacity mag area and the lack of a full auto switch.Both are quite accurate out to 50 yds and the 995 is lighter and more manueverable.. Full auto is cool with a 30 round banana clip. Sorry but thats what we called them back then. None of this clip. magazine political correctness crap I hear now.The 30 carbine cartridge packs a bit more wallop, more like a 38+P, but not much more recoil than my 995.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The question is flawed... I will tell you why, the only pistol caliber carbine type weapon I would take into combat would have to be full auto. The carbine is not designed to take full auto heat duty cycle that a SMG is. But that being said I have a feeling that it would fare better then you might think. It is a perfect SHTF weapon as you want to do anything but get in a shoot out during a SHFT. If you had to get in a SHTF shoot out it would be just right as this type of duty cycle it can handle.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think they would have a place right next to the Shotty in combat. Basically I see it this way, the more different weapons you have at your disposal, the better equipped you are to handle different situations.

Much cheaper to harass with a .40 that with a .223 and less weight to carry per round.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I think the 995 would be fine for a SHTF scenario, as it is light, compact (adds to your maneuverability) and you can carry a lot of ammo for it without overloading on weight or bulk. I have both a 995 and an SKS, and while the 7.62x39 is a much more powerful cartridge, with presumed better range, the shells are bulkier compared to the 9mm. Granted, I only have 3 ten-round mags for my 995, and 20 stripper clips for the SKS, so I can load the SKS a lot faster (definitely a concern for combat), but the weight of the gun itself, as well as the encumbrance of the ammo would have to be taken into account. I guess I would be more likely to bug out / get home with the 995, and bug in with the SKS. JMHO

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
You forgot to add Shell Oil. My brother has personally seen 995's on board several offshore rigs while while off Hugo Chavez's front patio. It's a great choice since it has a decent range without being too overpowered. Makes sense considering overpenetration is the LAST thing a security detail needs to worry about on an oil rig :shock:

·
1,792 Posts
As a combat arm, I.E. A main battle rifle as to the OP's original post.

NEVER. as a SHTF, sure. As a defend myself sure.
-------------------------------
ETA>>>>This is how this first sentence was meant to look<<<<<
As a combat arm, I.E. A main battle rifle as to the OP's original post. NEVER.
As a SHTF, sure. As a defend myself sure.
------------------------------
As I am back in the army and they take My M16A2/M4. Well If you would join the millitary and go to Iraq Or Astan then you seriuosly need to rethink some priorities and come back to reality.

this thread is silly each time.

I am surprised by the number of people who say they would take it to war. I say you are full of it. these are fine weapons but not even close to the refined product of a battle weapon.

comments like this make me want to throw in the towel and stop checking in.

A hi-point is not as good as MANY other's

It is just a Cheap and Affordable firearm. It is not A Glock at Rock bottom prices. It is not a Thomson SMG at unbelievable savings.

And no it does not compete with them. It is in it's own catigory. AFFORDABLE,

Now for the hi-point is the greatest thing since sliced bread group.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Uhhh......Chill??

Sorry were all so damn stupid sitting around drinking our coffee and BS'ing, but its what people do.

Whats your take on the Olympics?

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
As a combat arm, I.E. A main battle rifle as to the OP's original post.

NEVER. as a SHTF, sure. As a defend myself sure.

As I am back in the army and they take My M16A2/M4. Well If you would join the millitary and go to Iraq Or Astan then you seriuosly need to rethink some priorities and come back to reality.

this thread is silly each time.

I am surprised by the number of people who say they would take it to war. I say you are full of it. these are fine weapons but not even close to the refined product of a battle weapon.

EASY dude If all I got is my 4095, I will make it work like a battle weapon. ANY weapon can be used and I'm sure No one will be standing and laughing when the lead is flying. NO matter what is sending it out

comments like this make me want to throw in the towel and stop checking in.

A hi-point is not as good as MANY other's

It is just a Cheap and Affordable firearm. It is not A Glock at Rock bottom prices. It is not a Thomson SMG at unbelievable savings.

And no it does not compete with them. It is in it's own catigory. AFFORDABLE,

Now for the hi-point is the greatest thing since sliced bread group.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts