Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the forum. I don't own a Hi Point yet. I had been thinking about a Kel Tec Sub 2000, but noticed the Hi Point in the Cabelas flyer I got in the mail yesterday. I'm trying to get some info on the one that's in the flyer, but I can't find anything. It has a more "tactical" looking skeletonized stock with a vertical fore grip. Has anyone seen it or does anyone know anything about it? The sale price is $224.

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
That's the TS, you'll see a thread or two about it here.

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
Yeah, but we are biased :tongue2:

Welcome to the fray.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
I have both the 995TS and the Kel-Tec S2k. I like them both and will never let them out of my cold dead hands.

That being said, go with the 995TS for your first one, make sure to get a few extra FACTORY mags (avoid the ProMags!).

I've had a few, just a few, FTE issues with the Kel Tec, plus the stock is too short for a big guy like me. No such problems with the Hi-Point.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Does the TS normally come with a forward rifle grip? All the ones from Cabelas seem to come with one. The ad shows it with one, and I picked up a few of them yesterday and they all had it. Is it just something Cabelas is doing?

·
Registered
24 Posts
They are definitely selling them with one, I bought 3 of them yesterday and they all had it. It's a good deal really, $225 with the grip included.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Haha, yeah. I got one for me, my dad, and my uncle. Got a pretty good deal too. I had that bonus card that gave me a $150 gift card if I spent over $500, so I went there in the morning and bought 2 and some ammo, got the $150 card, then came back later and bought another one using that card. Ended up being about $550 for 3 rifles.

Also, my feet were already wet before this. :D Six months ago we did the same kind of buying spree. Me, my dad, my uncle, and my cousin all bought one of the old style that we are now trying to sell. We are all Hi-Point addicts, haha.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Re: Hi Point carbine at Cabelas Hamburg PA Report

I was at Cabela's Hamburg PA today, and they were SOLD OUT of the 995TS. They told me they had a waiting list three times longer than the allocated in-coming supply! The price is sweet if they are in stock.

I did pick up 350 rounds of 9mm Luger S&B 115gr range ammo...

·
Registered
1,313 Posts

I was at Cabela's Hamburg PA today, and they were SOLD OUT of the 995TS. They told me they had a waiting list three times longer than the allocated in-coming supply! The price is sweet if they are in stock.

I did pick up 350 rounds of 9mm Luger S&B 115gr range ammo...
Did you have them check the other Cabela's stores? They have to physically call to be sure. Mine is coming in from the store in WI. Should be waiting for me late next week in MI. System said none but a phone call located 3. Haven't held the TS yet. Hope I like it as much as my ATI one.

Walt

·
Registered
2 Posts

hey when you were checking at the michigan store, did you happen to see any classic 995? i am looking to make a run down to Dundee tomorrow but if they are out of stock, why bother.
[/quote]

Did you have them check the other Cabela's stores? They have to physically call to be sure. Mine is coming in from the store in WI. Should be waiting for me late next week in MI. System said none but a phone call located 3. Haven't held the TS yet. Hope I like it as much as my ATI one.

Walt
[/quote]

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
IMO the TS is sooo much better than the classic or ATI. Picked one up last night. THey come with the foregrip installed, I think it may even be an OEM highpoint accessory. Sold my classic last night to fund the new purchase!

·
Registered
1,313 Posts

hey when you were checking at the michigan store, did you happen to see any classic 995? i am looking to make a run down to Dundee tomorrow but if they are out of stock, why bother.
Just spoke with Jerry @ Cabela's in Dundee, MI. They still have plenty of the 995B for $169.99 according to him. My 995TS should arrive as scheduled too.

Sent you a PM also.

Walt

1 - 20 of 21 Posts