hi point carbine bayonet?

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by rodka, Jan 5, 2008.

1. rodka

rodka Member

would it be legal to install a bayonet on a 995 im confused cause all this compliance stuff but the hi point is U.S. made but i dont know just want to double check.

2. again i'm not expert on these whack atf laws, but I think it would be.

3. Would make a good photo op, other than that I see little/no use for the pig sticker on the end of a 995, unless you were hunting feral pigs in the thickets. :)

4. Huggy

Huggy Member

SEPA
    I've been working on something for an AK bayonet(it's what I have available), but I'm starting to think something U.S. made is more apropriate. No good stuff making toys, so my efforts aren't paying off at the moment.

5. I think a better Idea would be for one of our machine shop gurus to make a shark break flash hider that would slip over the end of the barrel and have sharp edges.

Then the barrel becomes the bayonet. I have one on my Saiga 12 shotgun and it is awesome.

There is a proposed one in this thread
    http://hipointfirearmsforums.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?p=30148#30148

6. rodka

rodka Member

[​IMG]

i was thinking something like this. sorry for the badly made pic its my first. :)

7. Actually thats a pretty good pic in my opinion, its just that the stock is not really sturdy enough to have anything to attatch the bayonet to.

8. rodka

rodka Member

[​IMG]

how about that? :D

9. All right now, there is no need to show off ;)

10. If you could somehow fit a M16A2 flash suppressor to it, you could use that style.

11. SHOOTER Z

SHOOTER Z Well-Known Member

OK Here we go again [For the 3rd time] My Bayonet
    [​IMG]

It aint pretty but it will do the job

12. Nice looking setup Shooter, have you tested it on an old door or something to see how well it holds up? (That is what I used to do for a test)

My worries is that it may snap the bracket or bend the barrel if used aggressively.

13. rodka

rodka Member

looks cool though.

14. SHOOTER Z

SHOOTER Z Well-Known Member

I took it out to an old tree that had died a while a go and rammed it in several times and it held up. Does that count? :D

15. Huggy

Huggy Member

SEPA
    I finally got around to messing with this idea again, and it's all too simple.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tube style FAL bayonet mounted using a PVC pipe adapter/spacer.

I'd like to make it out of steel, but I'll have to find the perfect size tubing, or a lathe and mill. :mad:

16. djturnz

djturnz Member

HOw about a way to attach the KelTec folding bayo? That would be cool.

17. Huggy

Huggy Member

SEPA
  18. Years ago, I was tinkering with a spare SKS spike bayonet, and I was able to attached it to my carbine. I recall I used a shaped a wooden dowel to fit into the loop, drilled a hole all the way through it, and then screwed it on using the front sight mount.

Aside from the engineering issues, and whether or not the stock is strong enough (ATI, maybe, original, definitely not) why on earth would we want to do it?

Don't get me wrong, I love bayonets, I have a small collection myself, and I used to do yardwork with my trusty M7, but I have never ever had the opportunity or need to use the bayonets on my SKS or Enfield No. 4. It's simply never come up.