Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone on another forum was nice enough to sift thru all the verbage in the proposed ‘assault’ weapons ban and boil it down to a short list, including all brands of AKs & ARs. I found it ‘amusing’ that the proposed bill included my Beretta CX4 Storm, Kel Tec Sub2K & Hi Point carbines.

so how does a 32” firearm with an 18” barrel get on a ban list while just about every other easily concealable handgun has more capacity?

And the punchline is that my non-tactical Mini-14 & fixed mag SKS aren’t on the list.
I guess that whoever did their research used flash cards and someone’s first grade class...and concluded that since SKSs have fixed mags they must be loaded like muzzleloaders...

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
Of course :rolleyes: as the bill stands, it likely will pass House, but Senate is the primary problem, because they won't have the 60 votes needed for a filibuster-proof majority. Ita highly probable they'll attempt to backdoor it through "Senate rules change" or some BS.

What is far likelier to get a 60+ vote majority would be the following;
A bill to amend or modify NFA1934/GCA 1968 and FOPA 86
-to add a class of firearms to the NFA taxed firearms classes
-to call this class "Assault Weapons"
-to include all models and variants of ARs and AKs not already covered by SBR/SBS, MG, AOW classes
-to include all the features so described in AWB2.0 proposals
-to require registration of currently owned firearms
-to require payment of tax
-to prohibit making/manufacture without a SOT FFL license of 0-80% receivers and firearms that would be in one of the NFA classes including AWs
-to require surrender or transfer of currently owned AWs to the ATF or local Police if not willing to pay NFA tax and registration

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Of course :rolleyes: as the bill stands, it likely will pass House, but Senate is the primary problem, because they won't have the 60 votes needed for a filibuster-proof majority. Ita highly probable they'll attempt to backdoor it through "Senate rules change" or some BS.

-to include all models and variants of ARs and AKs not already covered by SBR/SBS, MG, AOW classes
-to prohibit making/manufacture without a SOT FFL license of 0-80% receivers and firearms that would be in one of the NFA classes including AWs
-to require surrender or transfer of currently owned AWs to the ATF or local Police if not willing to pay NFA tax and registration
Clear enough?

·
Premium Member
9,207 Posts
This legislation is a bigger increment in the Leftists' incrementalist gun control agenda. It's an overreach, and they know it. I just hope no Republican'ts turn traitor.

They won't be able to use any techniques to escape the 60-vote majority, though. The simple majority only works for budget reconciliation. This is more than that.

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
Someone on another forum was nice enough to sift thru all the verbage in the proposed ‘assault’ weapons ban and boil it down to a short list, including all brands of AKs & ARs. I found it ‘amusing’ that the proposed bill included my Beretta CX4 Storm, Kel Tec Sub2K & Hi Point carbines.

so how does a 32” firearm with an 18” barrel get on a ban list while just about every other easily concealable handgun has more capacity?

And the punchline is that my non-tactical Mini-14 & fixed mag SKS aren’t on the list.
I guess that whoever did their research used flash cards and someone’s first grade class...and concluded that since SKSs have fixed mags they must be loaded like muzzleloaders...
I think that the Demoncrats are just trying to get the "most popular" and "most used" weapons out of the way. Those other weapons will be next, until we are like Europe and MAYBE you can own a "fowling piece" (read GIANT ( I ) shotgun) or a black powder pistol. There's a Czech company that's making KILLER black powder pistols ( https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/czech-50-cal-black-powder-derringer/ ) BUT theyre about 600.00 USD for a derringer. Youd have to look like the Dad from Boondock Saints to properly defend yourself.

·
Registered
909 Posts

That's not likely to get 60 votes either. I don't think they could get all 50 Democrats.

·
Premium Member
9,207 Posts
Its more likely than repealing nfa1934, gca1968 and fopa1986.
I have an idea for new firearms legislation. It's called the National Firearms Act of 2021. The wording would be as follows:

1. a. In keeping with the intent of the Founding Fathers, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed by any law, statute, regulation, rule, code, ordinance or other control mechanism.

b. No citizen or lawful alien shall be deprived of the right to keep and bear arms except during times of lawful confinement in prison or commitment to a mental health facility.

(1) Upon release from prison, a citizen or lawful alien shall have his right to keep and bear arms immediately restored. Any firearms impounded during the term of confinement shall be immediately returned in the condition it was when impounded.

(2) Upon release from confinement in a mental health facility and adjudication of mental soundness, a citizen or lawful alien shall have his right to keep and bear arms immediately restored. Any firearms impounded during the term of confinement shall be immediately returned in the condition it was when impounded.

c. Any federal, state, county, municipal, burrough or other government official attempting to enforce such regulatory scheme shall be punished by a fine amounting to no more than $25,000 and a term of no more than 2 years in a federal prison.

d. Such government official shall also be subject to civil suit from any citizen or lawful alien aggrieved by such unlawful infringement of this statute."
///////////////////////End of Text////////////////////

I know that some will call this extreme and dangerous, but true liberty is not safe. As Benjamin Franklin said (or words close to it), those who would give up their liberty for security deserve neither.

·
Premium Member
21,081 Posts
I have an idea for new firearms legislation. It's called the National Firearms Act of 2021. The wording would be as follows:

1. a. In keeping with the intent of the Founding Fathers, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed by any law, statute, regulation, rule, code, ordinance or other control mechanism.

b. No citizen or lawful alien shall be deprived of the right to keep and bear arms except during times of lawful confinement in prison or commitment to a mental health facility.

(1) Upon release from prison, a citizen or lawful alien shall have his right to keep and bear arms immediately restored. Any firearms impounded during the term of confinement shall be immediately returned in the condition it was when impounded.

(2) Upon release from confinement in a mental health facility and adjudication of mental soundness, a citizen or lawful alien shall have his right to keep and bear arms immediately restored. Any firearms impounded during the term of confinement shall be immediately returned in the condition it was when impounded.

c. Any federal, state, county, municipal, burrough or other government official attempting to enforce such regulatory scheme shall be punished by a fine amounting to no more than $25,000 and a term of no more than 2 years in a federal prison.

d. Such government official shall also be subject to civil suit from any citizen or lawful alien aggrieved by such unlawful infringement of this statute."
///////////////////////End of Text////////////////////

I know that some will call this extreme and dangerous, but true liberty is not safe. As Benjamin Franklin said (or words close to it), those who would give up their liberty for security deserve neither.
Taw Jackson got his back after his release from prison. "War Wagon."

Same with Stacey Bridges, and the Carlin boys got theirs tossed to them upon their 1 year prison release. "High Plains Drifter." 😊

Reactions: Think1st

·
Registered
261 Posts
Unfortunately the Hi-Point Carbines have been banned in my state for years now or else I'd own one of each caliber!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts