Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I run a podcast just about every day on Survival Tactics called (wait for it :p ), The Survival Podcast. Haven't wanted to "plug it" to heavy here and look like a spammer.

Today's show though is about Pistol Caliber Carbines with a lot of love given to the 995 and 4095 so thought ya'll might want to check it out.

http://www.thesurvivalpodcast.com/the-pistol-caliber-carbine-in-survial-planning

Hope you enjoy it and be sure to leave some comments about the value of Hi-Point arms.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Very enjoyable. Thanks, I think I may download more of your shows.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Very informative! Like your show.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Good show. I'm pretty much in the same boat as you on pistol carbines. I like them, I think they are very useful. My first rifle was a Marlin 1894 and the old cowboy idea of using the same cartridge for one of your rifles and pistols appealed to me from a young age.
As for the Hi point carbines, well I've said it before, and I'll repeat myself here. The 995 carbine is the most clever almagamation of dirt cheap parts since the Sten gun was invented. I'd recommend them to anybody.
No harm, no foul on the Kel-tec vs. Hi Point comments, I agree with them. However, since the price tag on those is in the WASR price range I decided to get a WASR with the sub-2000 money I was going to spend.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm the WASR (AKs for the uninformed) are definitely on my list. To me they can't compete with the Kel-Tec SUB-2000 though because they occupy different niches.

The SUB-2000 is a folding PCC that can fit inside a long sleeve shirt and be hard to detect. It first a 9 MM or 40 S&W and has all the advantages and limitations of a PCC.

WSAR fire rounds like 5.45x39mm, .223 and the classic 7.62x39 they are a far better MBR then any Kel-Tec and also again on my want list but since I own several SKS's I will probably buy a Kel-Tec first.

Well may be, :roll: Dang It! Dave, you have me rethinking that. :wink:

·
Registered
708 Posts
Great podcast, man!
I'll be adding that to the "Favorites" list.

·
Registered
247 Posts
No doubt, definately a different niche. It was a bang for the buck deal, and my calculation was based on the fact that the WASR addresses a niche I hadn't really covered in my small collection yet. Kel-tecs, and different variations of the SKS lost out this time because I have a 995 and a Yugoslavian SKS already.

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
I enjoyed your podcast, and am now signed up for your updates. Good job!

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
I have bookmarked and signed up for updates.. Good Job.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts