Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day all, just joined the forum. My first ever forum. Don’t know much about Hi-Point or anything firearms really so be patient, lol. I live in Canada too so keep in mind bbls greater than 18 inches for carbines / rifles is pretty much a must If you actually want to use it for anything. So here’s the scoop: I will soon have a Browning 380 and would like a carbine in the same caliber, for shits and giggles if nothing else. Hi-Point makes the 3895TS (think I got that right) in 380 with a 16” bbl, making it restricted here (basically same rules as a hand gun). However they also make the 9mm version (995TS) and I have seen these in Canada with 18.5” / 19” bbls making them non-restricted / legal here. Question: does anyone know if Hi-Point puts an 18.5” / 19” bbl on the 380 version or may plan on doing so in the near future?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Good day all, just joined the forum. My first ever forum. Don’t know much about Hi-Point or anything firearms really so be patient, lol. I live in Canada too so keep in mind bbls greater than 18 inches for carbines / rifles is pretty much a must If you actually want to use it for anything. So here’s the scoop: I will soon have a Browning 380 and would like a carbine in the same caliber, for shits and giggles if nothing else. Hi-Point makes the 3895TS (think I got that right) in 380 with a 16” bbl, making it restricted here (basically same rules as a hand gun). However they also make the 9mm version (995TS) and I have seen these in Canada with 18.5” / 19” bbls making them non-restricted / legal here. Question: does anyone know if Hi-Point puts an 18.5” / 19” bbl on the 380 version or may plan on doing so in the near future?
FNG,

Welcome!

To answer your question, it doesn't look that way, but why not call or eMail them and ask. That way you get the answer directly from the source.

🍀
Best Always,
Celt

·
Premium Member
7,051 Posts
The longer 9mm barrels they make special for export to Canada. If I were you I would contact a Canadian seller who could for sure answer your question.

Reactions: histed

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FNG,

Welcome!

To answer your question, it doesn't look that way, but why not call or eMail them and ask. That way you get the answer directly from the source.

🍀
Best Always,
Celt
Thank you Celt. That was my next move. Appreciate the reply.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The longer 9mm barrels they make special for export to Canada. If I were you I would contact a Canadian seller who could for sure answer your question.
Our local dealer didn’t see to know much but will try one that does more business with Hi-Point. They seem to be more more popular in central Canada maybe?? Or as Celt advised just go straight to the manufacture. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
36,167 Posts
Can you guys actually buy .380 ammo? I haven’t seen any in two years. Literally.

·
Super Moderator
5,072 Posts
Can pick up a box here and there. Sometime on different trading sites. It’s not plentiful. I Just keep hoping this ammo shortage ends.
You have one in Canada too? Somehow I thought you'd have plenty. Rifle ammo also in short supply?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You have one in Canada too? Somehow I thought you'd have plenty. Rifle ammo also in short supply?
Im not overly familiar with the Ammo scene here but from what I understand a lot of it is in fairly short supply as most of it comes out of the US. I think common hunting rounds are still fairly available. Still see a fair amount of 9mm as well. But less common Ammo or even rounds like 357 mag are mostly on back order.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Call them and ask?:

9mm carbine, .40 cal carbine, .45 cal carbine call:
Hi-Point Firearms
1015 Springmill Rd.
Mansfield, OH 44906
419-747-9444

Good luck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts