Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
This bill was never intended to pass.
Its purpose is 1) Democrat political adds in select races where a wedge issue might help in a local election. 2) Republicans will use it everywhere for fund raising from single-issue voters.
That's what we thought about the lastone, too. It squeeked by despite violating the SCOTUS decision. Neve underestimate the power of treachery

·
Registered
10 Posts
Unfortunately "Hi-Point carbine" is specifically called out in Sec2.a.40.H.xii of HR1808, classifying them as "semiautomatic assault weapon", in the latest proposed assault weapons ban :(

Of course this really doesn't make any sense since the similar in purpose and configuration Ruger PC9 and PC40 are also specifically called out, but on the list of firearms that are to be excluded from the ban, although there is some confusion on this since some of the models are really fitted out more like PDWs and assault rifles than carbines.
It's all because of the evil pistol grip. Gun grabbers don't know anything about the weapons they want to ban other than they look scary and want to ban them all.

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
It's all because of the evil pistol grip. Gun grabbers don't know anything about the weapons they want to ban other than they look scary and want to ban them all.
They'll go for scoped rifles next - "sniper rifles" will be the buzz word.

·
Super Moderator
26,176 Posts
They'll go for scoped rifles next - "sniper rifles" will be the buzz word.
It already is and these misnomers are being perpetuated by software developers in the gaming industry. Most combat/war games have an Assault class that use.... assault rifles, go figure. The sniper class get to use... sniper rifles. Then they throw in scoped DMR/marksman rifles that any class can use. I don't know how many of my son's friends have come in to my house, see the rifle rack on the wall and say, "Oh nice sniper rifles!"

And then this lecture happens:

Yeah...no... these are just rifles that happen to have scopes on them. They're simply called scoped rifles. The highly skilled marksman who has been trained to operate them is called a..... (Then I make them answer, and ask again.) This is a.... and it is operated by a..... A firearm is only a tool. It's the operator who applies their actions and intent. It's no different than me using a knife or a hammer. I can use them to create or destroy, but only because that's how I choose to use them at that moment.

They stopped calling them assault rifles and sniper rifles though.

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Bingo. I'm surprised it has not happened yet.
Take a look at Rach's reply, just abovve mine. Apparently it has. Shotguns will become WMD, since they fire more than one projectile per trigger pull

Reactions: Rabidwookie

·
Premium Member
22,163 Posts
25+million AR15's in the USA?? The production numbers are in this video.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
25+million AR15's in the USA?? The production numbers are in this video.

Being old, and having been a part of developing the Internet since the late 80's/early 90's, looking back on it, we really should have kept it a little more complicated to keep it from any idiot with a computer being able to just throw their feeble minded thoughts out there, for the even less intelligent to have access to and read, believe, and start living their lives to :(

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
25+ million ARs, AKs, SKS, FALS, HKs,and whatever else the media calls Assault Weapons and whatever the National Shooting Sports Foundation calls "Modern Sporting Rifles".. versus 16something million Ford F series on the roads (officially, Ford has sold over 40 million units, but how many are in the junkyards, exported, or crushed?). That's saying something. If Ford F series are ubiquitous, then MSRs are just as ubiquitous or more common.

·
Premium Member
36,857 Posts
I don’t really care how common crap is.

It doesn’t say “The right to keep and bear commonly owned arms….”

It says “….Shall not be infringed”

Seems pretty freaking simple, doesn’t it.

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
I don’t really care how common crap is.

It doesn’t say “The right to keep and bear commonly owned arms….”

It says “….Shall not be infringed”

Seems pretty freaking simple, doesn’t it.
Yes it does seem pretty freaking simple.

The common crap started with Heller, then the topic of carry expanded in McDonald, then finally in Bruen, but they all talk about "arms in common use( at the time)" as used in Miller and then Heller. It was Heller I believe that said that using Miller, arms "in common use" are protected by 2A (thus sidestepping the whole "unusual and dangerous arms" that certain people like to use as justification for restrictions :rolleyes: ) while Miller did also say "arms suitable for militia use are protected by 2A" (argument rejected by Heller decision on "weapons useful only for warfare are 2A protected", ) it should then follow that since fully auto guns and short barreled rifles are in fact generally issued to soldiers and Marines, the 1934 NFA and 1986 Hughes Amendment to Firearms Owners Protection Act should be rendered null and void and repealed :rolleyes:

So thats where the whole common use bs is from. The anti2A cannot simply say that AR15s/MSRs are "dangerous and unusual weapons" if there's more of them than there are roadworthy Ford F-Series. There was that Caetano decision that says since stun guns are commonly bought and used outside Mass, they're also 2A protected, thus struck down the stun gun ban in massaschusetts.

·
Simple by choice
2,300 Posts
Being old, and having been a part of developing the Internet since the late 80's/early 90's, looking back on it, we really should have kept it a little more complicated to keep it from any idiot with a computer being able to just throw their feeble minded thoughts out there, for the even less intelligent to have access to and read, believe, and start living their lives to :(
Half measures.
Let's go back to quills, ink well and parchment.

Or better yet fingers, pigment and cave walls.

·
Premium Member
22,163 Posts
Half measures.
Let's go back to quills, ink well and parchment.

Or better yet fingers, pigment and cave walls.
You always hold your zingers, then "WHAM!"

21 - 33 of 33 Posts