Hi-Point come up with anything at SHOT show?

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by loworange88, Jan 21, 2013.

1. According to the article posted, the carrier has a pivoted piece on the back of it like many pump & semi-auto shotguns have and has the spring in the stock at an angle to the carrier.

PS
    It does look like it should sell. I wonder if there is going to be an 80% lower for it? If there is, I'm going to get one.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015

2. Lighthorse

Lighthorse Member

Sounds like its kinda like the old remi 1147 auto stock setup, but piston driven.

3. RugerFan

RugerFan Member

380 carbine

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLyXETexX3w[/ame]

4. truckerken

truckerken Member

Just hydro dip the stock with a wood pattern. Lol!

5. talon

talon the banned wagon

I think HP dropped the ball with the .380 carbine personally. The hydro'ed stocks are cool, but customers have been so vocal for so long about updated designs and high cap mags, abd never once have I seen a .380carbine mentioned. They could have done better.

6. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

We've had an extended thread on just the .380 carbine and surprise surprise....things got a little heated.
    To me it makes perfect sense as they now have all pistol/carbine combos.
    And the carbine will be interesting to current non HiPoint owners that have a .380 carry or home defense gun.
    It's also the only .380 carbine out there.

7. TxGun

TxGun Member

A .380 carbine may not be what some, or even the majority, would have hoped for, but...what's the downside here? It doesn't preclude other Hi-Point offerings, it simply adds to the product line with minimal tooling/resource commitment required.

8. talon

talon the banned wagon

Oh I agree it was an EASY choice, to add it, yes it continues the HP pistol/carbine "team" idea........it just eventually is gonna start biting them in the hindquarters if they dont start giving the customers more of what the customer wants, as compared to whats easier for the company. I still th they should start doing more of what the customer has been asking for, for years.

9. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

It's still progress. Maybe they'll get us a 10mm matched set next year. Who knows. Maybe we won't see squat for another 2-3 years. At least they're still low-cost and the warranty hasn't changed.

10. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

It's here in all its glory...enjoy...

http://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com/forum/f274/3895-312639/

11. Bamaboy

Bamaboy Member

Ok that explains why California always has problems keeping guns off thier streets, the crappy new grips cause people to drop them and then they can't get a grip to pick them up and leave them there for children to trip over and bunnys to nibble on and die!
    **Its sad that someone will read this and believe what I said is true and then demand people pick their dropped firearms up!**

12. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Never explain your jokes until at least two idiots have taken you seriously. Then you have the added satisfaction of making them look foolish.

The bunnies was a nice touch.

13. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

Isn't that something?
    People vote a CLOWN into office & when he makes CLOWN choices & decisions, the same people that elected him get all upset?
    I wonder if those same said "people" can spell UHAUL?

14. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Actually, I didn't vote for him. And I spell it COLORADO.