Hi point edc

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by Frankie_s, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Frankie_s

Frankie_s Member

I would like to know if anybody carries there hi point . I've been carrying my cf380 for about 2 years . ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1419975413.948008.jpg

2. SFCdonahay

SFCdonahay Member

I am planning on carrying my c9, just looking for a iwb or good carry holster what do you use.

3. My wife carried her CF380 until I got her a Glock 22. She enjoys shooting the HP more than shooting the Glock, but I have bought some light loads for her to try. We just have not got around to testing them yet. 40 S&W is one of three cartridges I do not reload, YET. Maybe a new years resolution.

4. Frankie_s

Frankie_s Member

I made the holster

5. Johnny_B_Goode

Johnny_B_Goode Member

The jump from 380 in a heavy gun to 40 cal in a light gun is a big adjustment. It might be a while before she accepts the Glock. Plus the G22 is a long pistol. Exactly how do you expect the lil lady to carry an 8" pistol? You should have got a 12ga to carry on the other hip to level her out.

6. The lil lady used to carry my Star Super A, and my 1911. The 40 S&W is more stout, but when we get a chance she is going to try the lighter loads. Plus eventually I will buy some dies and berry's bullets and make some tame loads.

For now the commercial low power loads should be fine.

7. Johnny_B_Goode

Johnny_B_Goode Member

She is a better man than I am. I am 6'4" and weigh 260 lb. A G19 is the max of what I am going to carry. I couldn't carry the Hi Point 380. One of my friends carries a 1911. He has to use a belly band to carry the 1911. He is the same size as me and meaner than a rattlesnake.

8. Well we open carry, so good holsters, good belts. I carried a 1911 for years concealed when I was thin and young, and it is a heavy gun. A very comfortable gun concealed.

9. Frankie_s

Frankie_s Member

Very true about a good belt. I carry my jhp 45 in the 2 months of winter we have In texas

10. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

I carry my C9 almost daily, have been for about 2 years. As mentioned, a good belt is an absolute must.

As far as holsters, I have 3 i rotate between and like them all, and they all have their uses.

If I am carrying all day, I usually use my Alien Gear IWB. I have the first version, but they have a newer one out that from what I hear is even better. They also now make an OWB one that I really want to try. You can even get a package deal where you get the IWB and OWB, and a swappable kydex piece.

http://aliengearholsters.com/holsters/hi-point-9mm-1.html

I also will use an Uncle Mike's super belt slide holster, OWB. I got it for less than $30, so it's pretty budget friendly. It also has an adjustable retention strap.

http://www.unclemikes.com/holsters/concealed-carry-holsters/super-belt-slide-holsters

Finally, my quick gran and go, like a quick run to the store, is an Uncle Mike's Inside the Pants holster. They go for around $15 or less. I'm actually sitting here using this one as I post this.

http://www.unclemikes.com/holsters/concealed-carry-holsters/inside-the-pant-holsters

11. Frankie_s

Frankie_s Member

ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1419985622.262704.jpg
    These are the holsters I use
    Hi point galco
    2 iwb kydex holster and I use the trigger guard holster is on the c9 I keep in the car

12. SFCdonahay

SFCdonahay Member

I currently have the hi point galco but I'm looking for a iwb, anyone got one you don't use and are willing to part with?

13. Frankie_s

Frankie_s Member

I have a yellow kydex holster it doesn't have a belt clip .you could pick that up inexpensively .just pay for shipping

Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
  14. SFCdonahay

SFCdonahay Member

Got a pic. I may be interested

The more you sweat in peace, The less you bleed in war!

15. Johnny_B_Goode

Johnny_B_Goode Member

I have yet to see or hear about a holster I could carry my Glock in all day much less a Hi Point. I cannot use a IWB holster with a clip. To many times I have drawn my gun from a holster with a heavy spring steel clip and the holster came with the gun. I get IWB holsters with leather loops that go around my belt and snap. I have an El Paso Saddlery combat slide holster. It has no retention strap. I do not fear anyone taking my gun. The holster fits my Glock like a glove. If someone besides me tries to grab the gun they would have to be very lucky to get the gun out. My cousin is self defense instructor for the highway patrol. He uses the same holster for his pistol. I tried to take his gun. The only way I got his gun is by putting him in a hammer lock and slammed him against the wall. My cousin is a former kick boxiing world champion. We used to spar almost every day. How many people with that kind of training are you going to meet on the street?

16. Hell I used to carry a Colt Walker all day at SASS matches, and that gun weighs over four pounds. My Glock is a lightweight for a full size gun. Both loaded their weight is close to the same.

Keep in mind that the Border Patrol and CHP both used S&W N frame revolvers at one time, neither is a lightweight. Indiana State Police used to carry Pythons, another gun not a lightweight.

17. SFCdonahay

SFCdonahay Member

C9 doesn't seem all that heavy to me.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
  18. mellon

mellon Member

Im considering carrying my c9. Do yall carry with one in the chamber on your hi point? Im not worried about the weight ( im 6'8" 250) whats the most benificial position to carry for concealability and comfort?

19. Frankie_s

Frankie_s Member

I do carry with one in the chamber .

20. SFCdonahay

SFCdonahay Member

Frankie got a pic of that holster. Please