Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am have really found my self getting into firearms and the cc law and wanted to but a pistol but like a lot of people right now don't have the extra cash i came across hi point and just wanted to know everyone's opinion out there before i bought the c9 i found one in a local gun shop for 140 is that a good price and would you say this gun is reliable as a home defense and cc and is it small enough to conceal on your body easily thanks i know i have alot of questions but everyone seems nice on here and i know i will get them answered

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
I bought the c9 a few months ago. I've put 150 rounds through it and it hasn't failed me yet.
I love it, it's accurate and it's not that expensive. It's not my primary home defense gun.
My Mossberg 500 takes care of that.

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
:welcome:

As for the price I am not sure as I haven't been around the stores lately I carried myC9 for 5 years as an armed security guard and have carried ccw with a Fobus holster. If you want it get it and take it to the range and put some lead thru it. [I have over 5,000rounds thru mine]

Load the mags up and let them sit for a while this will break ln the mags for better use. I have 100% confidense inall My weapons C9 as well as the 4095 40 cal carbine.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cool thanks i think i am going to go get one next payday i can get it the same day right they just need my i.d and run a check does that take real long or can i get it the same day?? and what brand ammo and grain do you noticed works best with the c9

·
Registered
264 Posts
-+

I paid 169.00 for my C9. I think it's a good gun to have. But I would take my JHP 45 anyday over the c9

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
...does that take real long or can i get it the same day?? ...
Depends on the State you live in.

·
Registered
238 Posts
in washington state you have a 5 day waiting period for all handguns. unless you already have your cpl then its buy and go ..

·
Registered
24 Posts
In Kentucky, they just call your info in, and if you check out, you can walk right out with a new shotgun, rifle, handgun, or federal tax stamp permitting, Ma Deuce 8)

·
Badges? Wha Stinkn Badges
113 Posts
140$ is good for a new one. They run about 150$ here in TX and you can get it same day after background check..

JJ

·
Registered
799 Posts
here in macon ga where i buy mine,it doesnt take no longer than 20 mins that fillingout the small form and doing the background check.

·
Registered
88 Posts
don't forget, depending on what state you are in you may need to get a permit to cc.

i use blazer brass in my c9 and it works great. since it works, never saw a need to try anything else.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
I carry most of my handguns using an IWB holster (inside the waistband). The C9 is a bit uncomfortable to carry that way because it's so fat but it's not too bad in a shoulder holster if that something you're interested in.

As for reliability; my JHP45 is way more reliable than my C9.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts