Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well first off, sorry that it has taken me so long to get this up but here goes.
This is a mod that I did to adapt a ar15 folding stock to my 4595TS. I have shot it a few times and it works really good. One thing that I did have happen is that the slide was coming back and hitting the metal adapter which caused it to jam. Easy fix though take the adapter out and grind some off of the end and now all is good. The measurements are already adjusted so you shouldn't have to grind more off unless you cut to much off of your stock. One other thing was after a few rounds the adapter started coming loose. I put 2 new holes in it and lock tighted them and all is good again. You can also do the cuts and an angle to fit it best for you. I put about a 5 degree angle on mine because of how long my neck is. If you have any questions feel free to email me. I started out using 3/8 x 3/8 x 3/8 T-stock and carved and cut and filed it down to the size and shape I wanted. On the threaded holes you will need to tap machine threads, but on the part that you thread into the stock you will need course threaded countersunk screws. Now remember that this is an accurate guide not an exact blueprint. The best thing to do is cut the stock first then make your pieces to fit the stock. Be mindful that this is for a confident person. The better you do the better it will look. Also I moved the charge handle to the other side. I used a dremel with a cutting blade and very carefully cut out a notch for the charging handle.

I noticed that the measurements aren't working so I have posted a link so you can see them better.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Verv/media/hipointcarbinefoldingstock.png.html

Click on options then download and you can see the measurements.

Attachments

·
Registered
785 Posts
good job!That looks pretty.

·
the Great
1,014 Posts
That's pretty cool, I've never seen anything like that.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Kinda interferes with the bolt handle though...

·
Registered
49 Posts
i was looking at mine last night and contemplating the same mod.
But I was thinking of using a folding frame stock instead of the tubular

·
Registered
226 Posts
Sorry, I meant it would interfere for us left handed shooters.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone. Now Im looking to mod the charge handle some more maybe a forward folding charge handle.

·
Premium Member
35,758 Posts
Nice design on the handle. I'd still like a small flare at the end, but the slots are nice.

·
Premium Member
5,483 Posts
Could have saved a lot of trouble and used the brass stacker right side charging handle. Lol.

Cool mod though, this would work well with an AK style skeletonized folder.

·
Premium Member
4,740 Posts
What are the LOPs with the stock at the shortest and longest extension? Measure from the trigger to the butt.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Could have saved a lot of trouble and used the brass stacker right side charging handle. Lol.

That charging handle is only for the 9mm. I dont think it would fit under the stock shroud for the .45acp. I didnt want to waste the money just in case it doesnt work.

·
Registered
39 Posts
What is the overall length of it with stock folded? Looks close to SBR length < 26in. :eek:
Folding and collapsible stocks are measured for overall length from the fully extended position, not folded. Whether they can or cannot be fired in the folding position does not matter.

However, there are a couple of states that do measure it from its shortest configuration... Michigan is one, I think. It's not common and there aren't many states that do.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.