Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well first off, sorry that it has taken me so long to get this up but here goes.
This is a mod that I did to adapt a ar15 folding stock to my 4595TS. I have shot it a few times and it works really good. One thing that I did have happen is that the slide was coming back and hitting the metal adapter which caused it to jam. Easy fix though take the adapter out and grind some off of the end and now all is good. The measurements are already adjusted so you shouldn't have to grind more off unless you cut to much off of your stock. One other thing was after a few rounds the adapter started coming loose. I put 2 new holes in it and lock tighted them and all is good again. You can also do the cuts and an angle to fit it best for you. I put about a 5 degree angle on mine because of how long my neck is. If you have any questions feel free to email me. I started out using 3/8 x 3/8 x 3/8 T-stock and carved and cut and filed it down to the size and shape I wanted. On the threaded holes you will need to tap machine threads, but on the part that you thread into the stock you will need course threaded countersunk screws. Now remember that this is an accurate guide not an exact blueprint. The best thing to do is cut the stock first then make your pieces to fit the stock. Be mindful that this is for a confident person. The better you do the better it will look. Also I moved the charge handle to the other side. I used a dremel with a cutting blade and very carefully cut out a notch for the charging handle.

I noticed that the measurements aren't working so I have posted a link so you can see them better.

Photobucket

Click on options then download and you can see the measurements.
What adapters did you use to make the carbine stock fold? ......, thx

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.