Hi Point Giving away a New Carbine?

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by MachoMelvin, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Saw that, I voted woodland!

2. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

I like the digital snow.

The woodland is cool, but can't use it to hunt in PA. SO if I am only going by looks. I like the white.

The reaper looks too much like something from the Airsoft section at Walmart.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      30.8 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      34.2 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      35.3 KB
      Views:
  3. Kronos

Kronos Oppulent Disparity Member

Say what? Why not? Puzzled.

Always been a sucker for winter / urban camo'd guns. Gotta say that one.
    But it wouldn't surprise me if the "zombie" version wins.

4. there is probably some limit on rounds that can be in a hunting rifle in Pa.

I voted for the Zombie rifle

5. cktvt

cktvt Member

You guys (except Chromehorn) gotta get your eyes checked. The zombie carbine is SICK (that means good according to my kids). Those other two are....um......gosh look at the time....ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz........

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
  6. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Woodland fo sho.....
    Not too much snow in FL and that reaper green looks too 'Walmarty'

7. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

Zombie for sure!

8. cktvt

cktvt Member

Walmarty? I'm gonna assume that's a compliment SWAGA. ;) Hey, you show me a little kid at Walmart with nothing but a diaper and a PEPSI, and I'll show you a future Hi Point owner! :cool:

9. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Zombie all the way.

10. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Semis are verboten in some states as well, iirc.

11. Kronos

Swagas terminology is correct. It does look "Walmarty".
    Walmarty - noun.
    1. To look cheapish or toyish. Usually manufactured with cheap child labor in an Asian country.
    2. To have been designed, or accessorized, altered, or modified, by a drunken, Budweiser holding, Nascar fan.

I love green. I love painted / colored guns. But it looks like an airsoft toy...or a collaboration with Hornady to go with their ZombieMax (or whatever its called) ammo. But it looks like an airsoft toy...and a cheap one at that.

12. Kronos

The way he said that, i assumed it was because of some weird law stating a camo gun cant be used for hunting as it would give the hunter an unfair advantage.

13. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

Sorry about that.

Yes, in PA you need to use a manually operated rifle. You can use a semi-auto shotgun, but not rifle. Maybe someday the laws will change with the popularity of modern sporting rifles.

And to me, while I like the looks of woodland camo, it's a practical thing. It would be great for hunting. But since I can't use it to hunt (practical) and only for fun, I'd go with the digital snow camo because I like the looks better.

And yeah, the zombie splatter thing is definitely "Walmarty". (which, by the way, is an adjective when used that way :p)

14. cktvt

cktvt Member

Most of you obviously don't have my sophisticated sense of aesthetics. The zombie carbine has an undefined and subtle Je ne sais quoi that the other two clearly lack. In fact I would dare say that the zombie toxic-green motif would add a wimsical flair to any room in your house. Decorating around a zombie gun? It just might be the next big thing. ;)

Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  15. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

[​IMG]

Ah je t'adore le zombie green

16. All depends on where you live. If you live in Florida i don't think the snow camo is a good choice. same with the desert in Alaska.
    the Zombie, looks like a toy to me. Its cool sure, but over done and to childish.

17. Bamaboy

Bamaboy Member

Wait I thought all nasty car fans were always drunk.
    Add an Orange tip to the Green carbine and it so would look like a Walmart,Dollar general or K-mart toy.

18. USMC_VET

USMC_VET Supporting Member

I voted woodland camo but I like my desert Camo on my 995ts that a friend did for me

19. panoz77

panoz77 Member

Voted Woodland here