Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting my first handgun soon and it is going to be a hi point and just wondering if i should get a 9mm or a 45acp
I also dont have a ton of money so 9mm ammo is cheaper isnt it but which one is more fun to shoot?

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
I agree with Corelogik. Both will be fun to shoot but neither will be fun if you can't afford ammo. :D I'd go with the 9mm for now then when more money is available, start feeding the Hi-Point addiction. When my money demands start to loosen, I'm headed to the Hi-Point carbine bin!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies i mean like money isnt really tight or i wouldnt be getting a gun but i also have a ar15 and a mosin nagant that i like to shoot to i think ill get a 1911 if i want a 45 acp later in life
Plus when i start to reload it should get a little cheaper

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
Thanks for the replies i mean like money isnt really tight or i would be getting a gun but i also have a ar15 and a mosin nagant that i like to shoot to i think ill get a 1911 if i want a 45 acp later in life
How big are your hands? I held the c9 and I just wanted more to hold on to. I bought the JHP and I couldn't be happier with it! I don't notice any recoil at all, by the way. That massive slide really soaks it up!

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
there not massive but tiny either lol
Go to a gun store hold em both before you make up your mind. If one feels significantly more comfortable to you than the other, go with that one!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Go for the .40 or .45 Though they're bigger and ammo costs more, they feel better in the hand and the rounds won't zip through walls and off rocks as much at the "neighbor killer" 9mm

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I always shoot at a range so i don't have to worry about shooting the neighbors house i have held a Springfield xdm 9mm and a beretta 92fs and they fell fine but i guess i will go there and see and make my choice there still now sure though it will be my first hand gun to

lol if i had the money i would probably get both but i am only getting one for now and save some money still in school

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
Got my C9 first, and I thought I'd never be happier until I bought my JH. Looking back, I don't regret either purchase (heck, got another C9 after m JH), but they're just different experiences. If I had to really squinch down and pick _ONLY ONE_ I might, after great trepidation, pick the .45. But it'd be hard.

Note: all of the above is based on hand feel, recoil, joy, etc. It doesn't reflect ammo costs.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
first handgun......go buy a used .22lr and learne how to shoot. All i see at the range are people with semi who think hitting a paper plate at 7yds is good shooting. and cheap, 22 can't be beat. even better a 22lr revolver. leave 5 empty cases in and only put one loaded one in, do a quick spin so you can't where the loaded one is and close. youwill be a shooter in no time.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.