Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my custom made Hi-Point magazine 18+1 capacity.

I basically welded two together and the plastic part you see is #40 heat shrink tubing. I ordered special springs.

The video doesn't show me shoot 18 but it does hold 18 and 1 in the chamber.

Youtube video:

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
Ah, after the first 15 seconds or so I thought it was just one of those "slideshow" videos so I stopped watching it lol. You should definitely do one of it shooting all 18 though. If it works with all 18, I'm sure there are some people here that would love to have them as range mags...I know I'd be interested in a higher capacity mag for my 995 to use at the range.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks i had nothing to do, and i love shooting the 45 acp, 19 rounds go fast and are short supply here.[i don`t want to shoot them up.] i don`t have 1000 rounds stored up...

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
Nice job, looks like they work, you probably got yourself a lucrative businees if you can repeat the construction, then again not sure the cost would justify it for me. Two mags $36, new spring $6? your time + shipping $25? By my math, it would cost upwards of $60-70 for a finished product to a potential customer.

Now do it with the C9 mags :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yes you are correct the price is high. yes hi-point just happen to have [2] springs laying around . i doubt if anyone would buy them, because of the cost, unless price didn` matter. i have been asked to make some for the 40 and 9mm rifle and pistol, but i have not checked on the springs yet. the springs that were sent to me had to be cut,which was no problem for me. as i have machine shop experience.......

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Now that is something I'd pay for!!!

How many can you make me, and how much would it cost? Whenever you get up a price, I'll take 10 for my 995.

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts

How many can you make me, and how much would it cost? Whenever you get up a price, I'll take 10 for my 995.
I'm taking an educated guess here but I would estimate that 10 C9 mags would be a minimum of $600 will very little profit to the maker.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts

I'm taking an educated guess here but I would estimate that 10 C9 mags would be a minimum of $600 will very little profit to the maker.
Last I knew, mags were going for $17.00/ea. How're you coming up with such a high amount? The OP could definitely turn a profit. I'd personally never buy one, but to each their own.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts