Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i may be :dead: here....

but are there any reviews on the holsters that hi point sells on their site?

thanks for any input.

·
Registered
850 Posts
They wouldn't seem like they would be too bad. Just a basic nylon holster. It looks like you can get one with an extra mag too which is kinda cool. I know a lot of us on here have the crossman airsoft holsters from Walmart. They're pretty sturdy fit the C9 perfectly and actually my JCP pretty well and are 7 bucks. If not Fobus makes a holster for both the small frame and large frame pistols. Those will set you back about $25 or so usually, maybe cheaper or more depending on where you find them. So really it's up to what you were looking for. There are a lot of decent options out there holster wise. But as for a review of the holster they have on the site, I'm not too sure. I haven't noticed anyone that really had bought one of them.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
I posted a similar question called "holster for Bersa .380 and Hi-point 9mm". Take a look there for some good info.

Good luck!

If the government can take it away, then it's not a right!

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
after reading this form past few days,I found out the uncle mikes15 fits my jhp 45. I picked up one sat. bit tight but it will loosen up. I suggest if possible you take your hp to a gun dealer and check the fit of theirs in stock/ mine was 15.00 bucks, a concealed carry holster lefty side.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Anybody had any luck with the "slip-thru" holsters?

Thats the ones that I am looking at.

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
I have a nylon holster that looks like the one on the website. It has the extra mag pouch on the front and a adjustable thumb break strap. With a stiff belt it works great for OC!

I don't know about "slip-thru" holsters. Do you have a link to those?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I bought a IWB holster called Kholster that is custom made for the C9 and it fits like a glove. I think they are on sale right now, google it and check it out. I dont know if this site lets me post links.

John

·
Registered
79 Posts
I bought a IWB holster called Kholster that is custom made for the C9 and it fits like a glove. I think they are on sale right now, google it and check it out. I dont know if this site lets me post links.

John
How is that working out for you? It seems a little "bulky" did you trim it to fit around the gun or did you just leave it a big circle? Im really considering buying one. Pics?

·
Registered
28 Posts
It works out great. I had him do it in the crescent moon and did a little trim work where the leather rubbed my leg. He also puts a hole in the leather where the mag release button is so the mag doesn't always pop out. Id say buy one and if you don't like it, send it back to get a full refund, this guy is great that makes and sells them.

John

·
Registered
26 Posts
The holster that comes from hi-point for the c-9 is a ace. Not sure on the model but will look at it and get back to you. Its nice except for the velcro thumb snap doesn't like to stay put.

·
Premium Member
36,049 Posts
Wow, so much input that didn't answer the OP's question.... :D

The Ace that comes from the HP sales site is decent, allows you to go lefty or righty, IWB or outside, and works decent, IMHO. I'm not a big fan of velcro in a holster, personally, but, it works OK.

About the K-holster...LOVE it. The large heavy leather piece keeps it from rubbing and poking, and spreads the pressure out so that it stays comfy all day. It also allows for LOTS of adjustment to the cant (angle) of the gun, the depth of the ride in your belt, etc.
BTW, the Bersa Thunder model will fit the CZ-82 like it was made for it. And Jimmy, the owner, is GREAT to work with, answers questions, and backs the product all the way. When I asked about trying the Bersa model on the CZ, and maybe screwing up the plastic by reheating and forming, he said go for it, he'd take it back no question. Turns out it didn't need any work at all. He's the HP of holsters, but actually DOES make new models available! :D

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
About the K-holster...LOVE it. The large heavy leather piece keeps it from rubbing and poking, and spreads the pressure out so that it stays comfy all day. It also allows for LOTS of adjustment to the cant (angle) of the gun, the depth of the ride in your belt, etc.
Ajole

Do you have the full or half moon? As a southpaw I have been looking for one for my new C9. Saw K-holster but was waiting for someone with first hand experience.

Walt

·
Premium Member
36,049 Posts
I have the full moon for the C9, and the half for the CZ since it is shorter. If they make a lefty model, you won't be sorry if you get it.

·
Registered
698 Posts
about the crossman holsters.. Aside for the fact that they make a bulky gun bulkier when CC'ing... how do you keep the strap from getting in your way when you draw?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I picked up a nylon holster at the same gun show when I got my C9. It's a Taigear, and their website says their stuff is made for airsoft and paintball use only. It's actually a pretty good fit OWB, with no chance of CC unless you consider a coat.

The only velcro is on the flap to the mag pouch on the spine. The adjustable safety strap has one of those plastic squeeze-latches, and I can easily rotate/tuck it out of the way. On this model, it's reversible for ambidexterous use.

As low-budget as the C9. Sure to be sneered at by gun snobs. 8)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts