Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
2,413 Posts
CalGuns.net has quite a lot of coverage of this. Handgun manufacturers have to pay a bribe and submit samples to be abused by the state in order to be cleared for sale.

Hi-Point Carbines are regulated under CA 'Scary Assault-Looking Weapons' legislation. There are people that modify them to conform with CA's insane laws and import them into the state rather reasonably priced. Read this thread:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=72133&highlight=Hi-Point

BTW, a 'bullet-button' is a device to make the carbine a sort-of fixed mag weapon; necessary to comply with CA law.

· Premium Member
2,413 Posts
So in other words ALL semi-auto hand guns.
This is a big legal nightmare. It seems that handguns already on the list can stay there as long as the manufacturer pays the bribe. They can continue to be sold without microstamping. Any new semi automatic handguns that a gunmaker wants to add to the list will have to meet the microstamping requirement. Law Enforcement, of course, is exempt from current restrictions as well as these new requirements because--well, you know...

Some people in CA think there are enough problems with this legislation that it will never be implemented. I do enjoy watching what's going on next door where I'm from though. Sometimes I miss the coast and would like to move back, but I have to visit there often enough to always remind me why I'll never be able to fit into the PRK again.

· Premium Member
2,413 Posts
I just moved to Washington from California...
how do they get into the state in the first place...
1. Someone who owned these "banned import" guns in another state and then moves to CA.
My wife's parents still live in Northern CA and she sometimes talks about moving back to care for them. If we do, I will take all the off-list handguns I own (and I'll make it a point to buy more before moving) and legally register them in CA. I guarantee that when we move back out of the PRK to free America, all of those off-list handguns will be the legal property of California gun owners who'd like a little taste of what those of us in what they call 'flyover states' are allowed... :idea: :!:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.