Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We usually get our cash delivery/pickup every few days by armed guard by (a company who's name shall not be mentioned) and today I saw a rather younger guard come in and do our pickup. He was carrying a Hi-Point pistol - not sure if it was a 9, .45, or whatever. I somewhat surprised in that most of those guys "gotta' carry The Glock" look the part when coming in. I engaged him and asked him "Is that a Hi-point?" He replied without skipping a beat "Yep, sure is. Reliable as hell and goes bang when I need it to. At half the cost of anything else." I just smiled and gave him a thumbs up. Frankly I was a bit surprised not that that was his service weapon but that he is/was able to stand up to the peer pressure that I'm sure he gets from the Glocktard Fanboys. Not that the Glock is not a fine weapon. It is. But sometimes the GtF's get a little overboard about it. Anyway, that's it.

·
Premium Member
21,295 Posts
Those guys get paid squat to be a target. Armed/unarmed security is a sleazy business.

·
Premium Member
9,327 Posts
Was invited to a church a couple of years back. They had "armor bearers" that were armed with Hi Points. CF380’s I think due to the silver stripe on the slides.

After the sermon they held a BBQ and enjoyed some skeet shooting. My kind of church, too bad it’s a ways from here.

·
Super Moderator
28,434 Posts
Those guys get paid squat to be a target. Armed/unarmed security is a sleazy business.
I worked for Pinkertons as polyester police way back when I was putting myself through University. Back then, the <cough> "Training Videos" they made me watch informed me that most of their guards don't carry but when they do, they issue .38 SPL revolvers and use the 5-round +empty chamber under the hammer method.

I hated those jobs. Midnight to 8 shifts and a few midnight to noon shifts when I was in Texas and the 3rd shift + weekends when I was in Ohio. Long periods of boredom punctuated by brief periods of extreme boredom. The only good stories I got out of that job are about the crazy co-workers, including one Vegan Pacifist who wouldn't even swat the mosquitoes biting him.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Premium Member
21,295 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,295 Posts
40mi West of Nashville

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My wife is from Knoxville. Been there a zillion times. Go Vols.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts