Hi Point Model C on GB

Discussion in 'Hi-Points For Sale' started by big_bad_doug, Mar 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Found this Hi Point on GB: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=473377876

It's described as a Hi Point Model C, I don't know if that's correct, I'll leave that up to the experts/collectors out there. I'm only posting this in case anyone is interested.

FYI, I've got nothing in this. It's not my auction nor am I related to or do I have anything to do with the seller. I have, in the past bought two guns from the seller on GB, a Hi Point 995 and a Marlin Model 60. In both instances I felt the gun was in better condition than the seller described and was very happy with the gun.

Also, FYI, he's selling a C9 which I'm bidding on.

2. sokemrobots

sokemrobots Member

Is the model c california legal?

3. what_now

what_now Member

Yup that is an old Model C. Probably in the <100K serial number range. I have one that looks identical (but with very little wear) with a 68XXX serial number. Could be a hell of a deal for someone if they can get it at a decent price and send it to MOM. I'm willing to bet MOM would just send back a brand new C9 with a rerun serial plate.
    As far as it being California legal...... my guess is no but I'm not sure.

4. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

It's pretty rough! But, I'm sure MoM can clean it up. It is a polymer frame model C, mid to late 90's smooth slide. I don't know why, but the model C, smooth slides I've seen are in rough shape? Maybe why MoM started powder coating them.

5. Grant

Grant Member

Sold $52+$30 shipping.

6. Yeah I was bidding on the C9 he had listed but it went for more than I was willing to pay. By the time you add in sales tax, shipping and transfer fees, plus the cost of two mags (it didn't come with any), you're at the price of a brand new C9. Oh well, there will be others...

7. MachoMelvin

YES, there will surely be another. Patience is the name of the this HP collecting game!

8. I'm not collecting, just looking for another 9mm. I only have one, a Ruger P89, and figure I should have two or three in each caliber. Just so they don't get lonely.

Besides, I like thingmeister's new grips and need a C9 to put a pair on.

9. MachoMelvin

If you already have the P89, I would get the 995 carbine next. You would have a longer range gun to accompany your handgun, unless you would rather have an Uzi, JMHO!

10. Way ahead of you, matter of fact I bought my 995 POTA carbine from the same seller as in the GB auction I started this thread with. You'll see pics of it by this summer. Just have to take it to the range for sighting in and to make sure there aren't any issues that need MOM's attention. Then it's off to get dipped and I'm all done. Crap, just remembered I have to install my Joey keychain too. THEN it's all done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.