Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

Do you keep your Hi-Point as your bedside weapon?

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious as to how many people keep their HP as their "bedside buddy". I'll be the first to vote yes, a C-9 with one in the pipe, safety on. (Winchester Supreme Elite +P)

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Yes JHP or C9 5 foot up on dresser in wooden box. Mag out safety on. (little ones in the house!) I would like to get a lock box then it will be safety on, one in the ready!

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Hi Point .45

230grFMJ, 4 in the mag,

mag in gun,

safety off

none in chamber,

sitting in case latches open on floor,

I take it with anytime I travel unless I fly.

Before I travel, I always check the state laws where I will be traveling to see what is allowed etc.

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Pump shotgun in gunrack on wall beside bed and taurus pt-111 in a mattress holster with CF-380 in a holster on gunbelt hanging off gunrack on wall plus ammo bag behind door.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
OK this is how i do it i have the glock 17 with gold dots and the .40 jcp with wwb jhp on the nightstand the 995 in the near by closet with federal hydro shocks and under the bed 12 gauge with 00 buck 9 pellet used to live in a bad neighborhood and old habits die hard. lol

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Used a JCP40 when I traveled. But gave (transferred) it to the girlfriend when she moved. Currently an M&P 40 when I travel or as a backup to the 12 ga pump shotgun when home. My new JCP40 will take over for the M&P 40 once I have about 500-600 rounds through it.

Walt

·
Registered
111 Posts
yessir keep the c9 right under my bed loaded and ready to, and my bed frame is only 3 inches off the floor before u ask so its easy access its one of those low profile beds...florida's crazy there's been a lot of home invasions and such...so i hope i dont have to use it but if they come in my room the first thing ill say is...wrong room buddy lol

·
Registered
602 Posts
I have slept ON both my .40 HP and my 995, in a tent. Safety off, gun in hand, trigger finger under the trigger guard.

Yeah Yeah, "that's a good way to shoot yourself". I know, but on two different occasions I have been in a tent, in an area with soooo many coyotes, that they were running through the camp knocking things over after the fire died down.

I've personally seen packs of 3-5 coyotes go after a man. When I was much younger, my uncle and I were bowhunting, I was in a tree stand and he was on the ground. Pack of coyotes started stalking him, from the tree I could see them circling and darting and so on. I yelled, he started running, and he got on the ladder for the tree stand, and a couple actually jumped up and nipped at his boot.
I was so freaked out, I kind of froze up.
Neither of us had a gun, just knives and bows. He actually turned around on the ladder, slotted and fired an arrow, and killed one coyote with an arrow from about 15 feet. He was just pissed and scared and wasn't goin down without a fight lol. I was very impressed that day.

So now, if I feel I need to, I can, will, and have slept safety off hand hot, and woke up the next morning alive and well and with all my parts intact and the same number of rounds in the magazine that I started with the night before.

At home, the .40 stays holster ready in the middle closet between the kitchen and the living room, perfect dash distance for the bottom floor.
The c9 stays holstered, magazine filled but in the magazine pocket of the holster, in the drawer next to the bed. The kids spend more time upstairs unsupervised, and even with all the training and teaching and preaching, I still leave the magazine out cause neither of them can cycle it on their own without a little help.
All the other firearms stay in the lock closet in locked cases, or with trigger locks on them.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I keep a Smith & Wesson .40 Sigma racked & ready by the bed with Winchester Elite +p bonded JHP. I also keep a 9mm Taurus millennium pro loaded in the drawer in case I need backup. If those 27 rounds don't stop them, I also keep a 16 gauge shotgun with 00 buckshot in the corner. My C-9 is mainly for plinking in the rain & mud or antagonizing the gun snobs at the range. I don't use my c-9 to defend simply because I have had some jams in the past with it and won't take that chance. I have never had one single jam with either the S&W or the Taurus from the first time they came out of the box using many different types of ammo. My family's lives are at stake here.

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
Real question is: Are you willing to bet I don't? :devilsidesmile:

1 - 20 of 90 Posts