Hi point pistol in go bag

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by Frankie_s, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Frankie_s

Frankie_s Member

I'm thinking about putting a hurricane /go bag together and I'm going to leave a pistol in there . It's between a jhp 45 or a c9 . Does any buddy else have a hi point in there go bag?

2. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

I have my HP45 and 4595 with my go bag to reach home with 250 rds.

3. colthrash

colthrash Member

I also carry my jhp...

4. geekandwife

geekandwife Good ole Boy Member

Needing a pistol in my go bag means I was out and not carrying... Also leaving a pistol in a bag is a good way to have gun that is easily lost, taken or not maintained.

5. tone

tone Member

I Would choose a little pistol if possible, but if you're going to have to use it I would pick JHP

6. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

True , but it also has a lot to do with where you live. If you mess will my car ten different neighbors call the police and one is an ex inmate. Its a Hi point what's to maintain. I have a 9 that I just cleaned after something like 15 years. Never had an issue with it. HP are meant for a ass whopping. If some asshat steals them from my trunk the person needs to have his head checked. You try to sell it or shoot it around here your mine. Small community has its advantage.

7. one thing to remember to do 2 times a year ( our family does this when we change our smoke detector, and clock batteries). we check the food in our food storage, check the go bags contents ( clean the stuff inside, change batteries in flash lights, replace lighters, and etc. ) so every thing is sum what fresh at that time. ( if you live in a high humidity area this is even more important!)

even revolvers can fall in disrepair if left neglected over a length of time. do to the simple nature and the cheapness of the HP C9. I would choose that one. but if I had a little more money i would go with S&W J frame style of revolver (much smaller and easier to maintain ( there is 4 or 5 companies that make one similar )

8. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

I don't have a go bag because I'm not going anywhere.

9. Moestooge

Moestooge Member

Anything can be stolen from a vehicle, and that is why so-called "trunk" or "truck" guns need to be both reliable and inexpensive. How would you like to have a Sig or AR-15 stolen? Losing a milsurp rifle or Hi-Point pistol isn't the end of the world.

One friend who lives on a low budget keeps a single-shot 12 gauge with slugs, buckshot and a few rounds of birdshot in his trunk. The whole setup costs less than $100, and he's got some real firepower for that amount.

10. Back2School

Back2School Member

Even if its not a small community where you can identify the thieves, there are advantages to Hi Points as vehicle guns.

I keep my 45 locked up in my truck - 45 in a NV200 and still trying to figure something out for the 4595 to keep it there as well. Shared mags and a few boxes of ammo and I am good in it.

Was going to put the 9mm and add a 995 for the Jeep. (hiding the carbines is much harder :( ) I may just go handguns for the Jeep though since there is not a lot of room and I can just use the underseat lockboxes. I can easily keep a pistol and 4 boxes of ammo in each lock box - with extra loaded mags too.

if something happens to one of them (or they get confiscated like in New Orleans) no major loss.

My vehicles (the Jeep and the Ranger FX4) ARE my bug out bags.

11. Frankie_s

Frankie_s Member

Thanks for all the input . I think I'm going to buy another jhp 45 for my go bag.

12. if you have 2 of then.. I would suggest that you 2 times year at least.. switch the weapons out for cleaning and use it to insure readiness.. basically keep them in rotation..

13. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    Since we're on the subject of go bags, make sure that you have an inventory list in the bag, along with the date of its last inspection. You'll want to track the age of the ammo and verify that no corrosion or other factors have affected it.

14. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
  15. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

I will be working on a go bag and the JHP will be in it. But I will still take it to the range with me.

16. Browning 9 Guy

Browning 9 Guy Premium Supporter Member

Jhp

I would go with the JHP cause you'll have a heavier round.

17. Frankie_s

Frankie_s Member

. ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1422631341.113705.jpg
    So this will be my go bag jhp

18. Frankie_s

Frankie_s Member

How much ammo ? I was thinking 5 10rd mags.

19. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    50 rounds should certainly be enough to sustain you en route to your destination. Any more, and you'll be burning up too much energy carrying it. Besides, if you end up needing more than that, your situation will probably be so dire that you'll end up being able to gather more weapons and ammo from your attackers' dead bodies if those roving bands of marauders haven't used surprise and/or superior numbers to get you first.

20. Frankie_s

Frankie_s Member

Your right I've watch you tube vids where the guy is going to carry 3/400 rds of ammo plus his other gear . I just don't see walking with a 100lbs worth of gear strapped to my back .