Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
181 - 200 of 216 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts
@adam01364 - take a look at the pics he posted. You're more experienced here than I am (you and moonz and...) Not 100% what I'm seeing and I don't want to steer him wrong

·
Registered
C9 luger
17 Posts
3 members here tell you not to polish the feed ramp. Warning! You're probably limp wristing the gun. Leave the ramp alone for the 4th time. You screw it up, that probably wouldn't get fixed under warranty.

Probably not loading the mags right is another common issue. There is an easy to learn method.

You're not a gunsmith. I've been a member here since 2013. Most of the people talking to you have been here as long or longer. They are the been there done that crowd.
I haven't polished the feed ramp. I have left it alone. And no I'm not limp wristing it.
Also I'm not using hollow points. I'm using federal 9mm frangible bullets
Sorry, but I gotta ask: Does it do that when the left grip is installed?
I'm not sure what I am seeing either. I cannot orient myself to that view.
I'm not sure what I am seeing either. I cannot orient myself to
That is the hold open piece that is hitting the bullets before they go into the chamber causing them to nose dive

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,014 Posts
There could be so many or just 1 issue. This gun is known to have mag issues. Limp wristing is common even among supposed ling time shooters. It could be the gun. But one thing is clearly almost never has it ever been the feed ramp.

·
Super Moderator
9,616 Posts
That's looking "upskirt" into the magwell from below. You can see the F/P and the casting marks on the slide.

·
Super Moderator
9,616 Posts
@juniorluvcait I can duplicate your issue in some of my new 10 round magazines. In my older broken in 10 rounders it's not evident. Try filling the mags with a few less rounds and see what happens. And please PLEASE do not dry cycle with live rounds, as you can see in the pics you posted, the firing pin is the ejector. If you need to test cycle the gun, get some snap caps.

Magazines are the low point in Hi-Points, particularly in the C-9.

·
Super Moderator
9,616 Posts
C-9 with a snap cap. The snap cap is slightly shorter than the dummy round in the next picture. As you can see, no problem with the snap cap.
Vehicle Air gun Hood Bumper Automotive design

C-9 with a dummy round, which is the same length as my live ammo. You can see the round is being held down by the lever. Regardless, it manually cycled just fine for me with my dummy rounds.

Automotive design Air gun Automotive exterior Trigger Carbon

·
Registered
C9 luger
17 Posts
That wide flat point on them may be a problem. I suggest you buy some fmj ammo with the long taper and try that to break it in.
I will try that.
Like yesterday i went outside And shot a full magazine by "double tap" with no problems, loaded the magazine with 8 and 1 in the hole again and went semi auto through the whole magazine and no problem. All with the same box of ammo.
And no they were not hp. But I do want to say thank you to everyone for helping and the advice.
Now come February I'm thinking of adding a carbine to the collection.

·
Resident PITA
16,197 Posts
And no I'm not limp wristing it.
Nobody wants to hear it nor will they ever admit it, but with stovepipe ejection failures, it's almost always this.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,014 Posts
Nobody wants to hear it nor will they ever admit it, but with stovepipe ejection failures, it's almost always this.
Boy they never do. Especially the long time shooters.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,014 Posts
Far as I can tell I'm not.
You never know. Let other people try it. Lock your wrist. I've done it not thinking I was the issue. If it is the case. Congratulations its a free and easy thing to fix.

·
Premium Member
36,700 Posts
Far as I can tell I'm not.
You said the other ammo worked fine, so I’d agree with you about the limp wristing thing, and just say don’t bother with the frangibles in your C9.👍
But try a few other types of ammo as you get any chances.

181 - 200 of 216 Posts