Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
161 - 180 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
After the correct length mag spring and a little polish it shoots everything without fail... Holster works great also.
Love your avatar pic. A buddy of mine is working on a '55 210 2 door. Wants to put in a LS 5.3.

·
Premium Member
5,805 Posts
first hi-point. Already did spring stretch, now getting ready to polish the feed ramp. View attachment 74418
Two things, junior. Three, I guess.One - welcome to the zoo! Two - Welcome to the wonderful world of Hi Point - C-9 is a good gun and, I think, the most popular pistol in the HP stable. Three - before you polish or tweek ANYTHING, take this baby to the range and shoot the dickens out of it (if you can find the ammo) Most of the time they work fine without the YouTube fluff and buff. Seen more ruined with unnecessary mods from YouTube "experts" than were actually improved. No offence intended toward you - just a general thing. A lot of new owners seem to think they need to mod these out of the box and end up causing more problems than they fix. Anyway, enjoy you pistol - my wife liked her's.

·
Registered
C9 luger
17 Posts
Two things, junior. Three, I guess.One - welcome to the zoo! Two - Welcome to the wonderful world of Hi Point - C-9 is a good gun and, I think, the most popular pistol in the HP stable. Three - before you polish or tweek ANYTHING, take this baby to the range and shoot the dickens out of it (if you can find the ammo) Most of the time they work fine without the YouTube fluff and buff. Seen more ruined with unnecessary mods from YouTube "experts" than were actually improved. No offence intended toward you - just a general thing. A lot of new owners seem to think they need to mod these out of the box and end up causing more problems than they fix. Anyway, enjoy you pistol - my wife liked her's.
Thank you for the warm welcome. Well I have already stretched the Spring which did help a little bit, the ammo is the hard part, but I put maybe maybe 50-60 rounds of the federal luger through it. I was taking it apart this morning and was going to Polish the feed ramp when I noticed That the stay open latch is actually Hitting the bullets when they come up to be Chambered causing them to nose dive. View attachment 74424 View attachment 74424
Wood Material property Household hardware Gun accessory Fashion accessory
View attachment 74424
Wood Material property Household hardware Gun accessory Fashion accessory

·
Premium Member
5,805 Posts
Sorry, but I gotta ask: Does it do that when the left grip is installed?
Along with this - is it causing feeding issues? If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
Premium Member
5,805 Posts
Yes Failure to feed, smokestack and failure to eject
Have you got more than one mag? We all know that's the major weakness of these pistols, so, if you have a second mag, try that. Also, check to make sure the follower and spring are installed the right way. HP sometimes gets the springs in backward. If you start tweeking the mag lips, GO SLOW and make tiny adjustments. wife had three mags- two worked fine. SOMEONE 'adjusted' the lips on the third one and...she had two mags that worked

·
Banned
7,114 Posts
I would not be polishing that feed ramp. As far as I recall it is also made of Zamac. Youtubers love to polish a feed ramp for no particular reason. Good way to ruin and have to buy another pistol.

Problem could be your ammo. I would be breaking it in with full metal jacket. Not those hollow points just yet. Some pistols just don't always do well at first with hollow points.

·
Premium Member
22,086 Posts
3 members here tell you not to polish the feed ramp. Warning! You're probably limp wristing the gun. Leave the ramp alone for the 4th time. You screw it up, that probably wouldn't get fixed under warranty.

Probably not loading the mags right is another common issue. There is an easy to learn method.

You're not a gunsmith. I've been a member here since 2013. Most of the people talking to you have been here as long or longer. They are the been there done that crowd.

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
Registered
C9 luger
17 Posts
Have you got more than one mag? We all know that's the major weakness of these pistols, so, if you have a second mag, try that. Also, check to make sure the follower and spring are installed the right way. HP sometimes gets the springs in backward. If you start tweeking the mag lips, GO SLOW and make tiny adjustments. wife had three mags- two worked fine. SOMEONE 'adjusted' the lips on the third one and...she had two mags that worked
Only 1 mag at this time

161 - 180 of 216 Posts