Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw an older Hi Point 45 sell "as is" at gun broker, For $150, plus $15 shipping, plus whatever fee the local gun dealer will charge for transfer. (there is one in my town that will do it for $5) That brings the total, before tax to at least $170. I can pick up a brand new one for that! Hi Point pistols do really hold their value!

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=123339221

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I think in these days of supply and demand and not so much cash flying around, no surprise. The good news is, they'll likely never give you a reason you'll want to sell it! 8)

·
Registered
39 Posts
"I can pick up a brand new one for that!"

Wish I could say that. In recent years, the number of FFL holders has been drastically reduced and the big box stores won't handle Hi Point.

Some folks just have more $$ than time, or are just unwilling to do the legwork to find the right deal.

This may be a big plus when the re-stocked model of the 995/4095 hits the street and the 4595 becomes a reality.

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
When I went to buy a barely used c-9 for $120 w/two mags a young guy comes in and asks the dealer how much his gun was worth.
The dealer says $50.00. I asked him what was wrong with it and he told me it jammed a lot. Asked him what he was shooting in it and he said HP'S. I asked to buy it from him for $20 over the dealer but he didn't want to go through the paper work.

After sitting around to sign all the paper work I asked the dealer about the used c-9 I was buying from him.
Looked brand new in the box with all the papers and parts. He said the guy had just bought it then got laughed off the range by his gun snub friends. Came in and traded up for a glock. I was a very happy customer! Still a little p***** I couldn't talk the kid into a $70.00 deal.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
group17....you surprise me........... that's when you ask to go to the parking lot............... fast cash, no paper !!!!! done myself a couple of times............. save big $$$$$$$$$$$

·
Long Arm of the Law
631 Posts
All my HP pistols have come from on line auctions. There is no dealer closer than 50 miles to me that might even carry them, much less have any. I might pay more than someone that has a good supply of dealers but is just the way it is living in a small town.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
The average HP45 goes for just over $200 ($215 I think) brand new, with used ones going for $175.

Now, that may sound high to some of you in the Midwest and in the South, but over here on the West Coast (Vegas, LA/San Fransisco, Phoenix) that's CHEAP! That's still about half what you can get a .45 for otherwise (the next "cheapest" one of any decent quality is the RIA 1911 for $398), so it's a good deal no matter how you swing it!!!

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Pistol Pete,
I tried the parking lot approach but he was a little worried about who would be calling him up about his missing C-9 since we live outside Philadelphia. They are trying to pass a law here that if you lose or have your gun stolen and don't report it, it's a crime.
Paper work in this case is a good thing.

Back to the tread: If the dealer is only paying $50 for a almost new C-9 then selling it for $120 all the value goes to the dealer that makes the $70 profit not the seller. By the way I went back a few days later and they had already sold it.

·
Registered
222 Posts
This is good news considering i bought mine for way under MSRP...that means i can make a profit if i ever sell it....BUT WHY WOULD I SELL AN HP?

·
Registered
663 Posts
group17....you surprise me........... that's when you ask to go to the parking lot............... fast cash, no paper !!!!! done myself a couple of times............. save big $$$$$$$$$$$
Please don't take this the wrong way. I don't know what state you live in, so that may be legal where you live.
But person to person sales of hand guns are illegal in most parts of the country. Please be careful about suggesting things like that on forums for a multitude of reasons.
Not complaining or anything, I'll be the first person to be politically incorrect if I get the chance, but things that are illegal?
Just please be careful.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Please don't take this the wrong way. I don't know what state you live in, so that may be legal where you live.
But person to person sales of hand guns are illegal in most parts of the country. Please be careful about suggesting things like that on forums for a multitude of reasons.
Not complaining or anything, I'll be the first person to be politically incorrect if I get the chance, but things that are illegal?
Just please be careful.
[citation needed] on "most parts of the country". I know that in Ohio you can sell a gun to any other Ohio resident and I haven't heard otherwise about any state that doesn't require permits in order to buy guns.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Just please be careful.
[citation needed] on "most parts of the country". I know that in Ohio you can sell a gun to any other Ohio resident and I haven't heard otherwise about any state that doesn't require permits in order to buy guns.
Oklahoma doesnt require any permits to buy a handgun or any other leagal gun for that matter, and the only paperwork required is the background check when buiyng from an ffl.

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
the 1986 FOPA allows person to person sales of handguns inside your home state without any background checks or paperwork. It does give states the option to restrict said sales like IL does with FOID cards and kali does with waiting periods/permitting. if you do a FTF transfer You do however have to confirm the person is of age to own said gun. Out of state requires a dealer transfer. Sorry freedom, you're wrong on that one.

SW

·
Registered
40 Posts
i looked at a pawn shop in laredo,tx and they had 2 USED hp 45's listed for 269.95 (yes thats a "2"!), he eventually came down to 249.95. i left and stopped in austin and bought a NEW one for 179.95+tax (193.75) total.

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Dealer in Fallon,NV where i got my CF380 had one more CF380 and a .45. THe .380 was $159 and the .45 was $199. If anyone is close by, PM me and i will give you details.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
In regards to the "parking lot" sales, I do ask for name, address and phone number, but that is just to cover my *ss if needed. My comment about no paperwork was in reference to "Official" forms that the Gov't will be using in the future when they knock on your door for the turn in of firearms. "Read, Canada & Austrailia." When they ask for my registered guns, which I am afraid in the future they will, I will gladly turn mine in, knowing that I still have a reserve force that were NOT registered. Sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings but that is the way it will be and no stopping it now............ Also continously building up the ammo supply because as it has been mentioned in other forums, that new sales tax on ammo will be outragous.

G

·
My son recently purchased two HP pistols at a local pawn shop. One the 9mm and the other the 45 ACP. Both were in like new condition as far as looks go but the owner said they both have feed problems. We couldn't pass up the the price of $130 for both. He found that the 9mm had a spring missing on the magazine release which wouldn't lock the magazine in place. Installed a spring and it solved the problem. We haven't really examined the 45 yet but we're hoping it's the common magazine problem. Still a good price even if we have to send them back.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
My son recently purchased two HP pistols at a local pawn shop. One the 9mm and the other the 45 ACP. Both were in like new condition as far as looks go but the owner said they both have feed problems. We couldn't pass up the the price of $130 for both. He found that the 9mm had a spring missing on the magazine release which wouldn't lock the magazine in place. Installed a spring and it solved the problem. We haven't really examined the 45 yet but we're hoping it's the common magazine problem. Still a good price even if we have to send them back.
Due just send them both back to hi-point and they will make sure they both work right for free.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Glad I live in Indiana.. There is no paperwork required unless your buying from a dealer .. Private party purchases only require you checking the persons age on a valid ID..Luckily no guns need to be registered here either ... I do have to say that I have not yet seen any used hi-points for sale around here... Just on gun broker that seemed a bit high in price for the condition they were in ... Saw a .380 go for $145.00 not long ago .. The thing looked like it was thrown from a moving car on the interstate at 65mph .. I don't think HP would warrenty anything damaged on a gun like that ...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.