Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I check some local classified website's on a regular basis looking for good deals. a couple of things I have noticed is
1. Hi-Points seem to be about the only thing that move quickly, and
2. people around here are gouging bad for hi-points.

I saw a JHP .45 that SOLD for $350 Then I noticed this ad. WOW!!!
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=5733979&cat=377&lpid=

·
Registered
222 Posts
I noticed that ad on KSL too! I have see tons of C9 and .380's for about $100 more than retail! Some people are just ridiculous with their price!

·
Registered
638 Posts
That is why people should do their homework before buying. Some poor sap will pay that price... and not even know he is getting ripped off.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I saw the same thing at Old English, just not as high, $20 to $30 over normal retail.
And they don't give you squat for trade-ins. :mad:

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
i saw a JHP on craigslist one time going for over 300 bucks. i emailed the guy and told him what a rip off that was. He said some people are willing to pay that much for an unregistered ftf gun.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
i saw a JHP on craigslist one time going for over 300 bucks. i emailed the guy and told him what a rip off that was. He said some people are willing to pay that much for an unregistered ftf gun.
Notice how many of these "confiscated guns" are HP.

http://www.summitgunbroker.com/Confiscated_Weapons.html

I saw an HP at a pawn shop for $300. At the gun shows they go for $150-$180 depending on caliber.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I don't like paying more than an item is worth, so I try to always do my homework before buying. But we must remember that any item is worth whatever the buyer is willing to pay. That may be the house you just bought that went up in value 50% in a year. The only time, in my opinion, that increasing the price because of short supply is wrong, is when the item is crucial to survival, such as plywood during a hurricane, or gasoline on an evacuation route. The price of Hi-Point firearms can go up as much as they will bring. I still have one or two I will sell if the price gets high enough!

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
just saw an incredible hulk HP .40 for $220 and a .45 HP for $220 yesterday :cantlook: 3 miles away another shop had a .45 for $159 though,

·
Registered
850 Posts
When I got the 995 it was $139 nib, I just bought the C9 new for $129, and I bought my JCP a couple of months ago for $119 new. I'm so surprised sometimes when I see some of the prices people are trying to sell them for and even some of the prices some of the guys have paid for them on here. I guess it's all about supply and demand. It probably doesn't hurt that I live in Ohio though.

·
Registered
850 Posts
My 995 my dad bought for me when I was 16, maybe? I don't remember. I'm 22 now so that's why mine was so cheap. We never shot the 995 though, I just started shooting it last year. Prices an all firearms are so expensive. I have a heritage rough rider .22/ .22mag and it was $89 new when I got it. I was at the gun show here in town and the cheapest one I found was $220 and when I was at Vance's here in Columbus they had it new for $169. Things aren't as cheap as they used to be.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't like paying more than an item is worth, so I try to always do my homework before buying. But we must remember that any item is worth whatever the buyer is willing to pay. That may be the house you just bought that went up in value 50% in a year. The only time, in my opinion, that increasing the price because of short supply is wrong, is when the item is crucial to survival, such as plywood during a hurricane, or gasoline on an evacuation route. The price of Hi-Point firearms can go up as much as they will bring. I still have one or two I will sell if the price gets high enough!
I agree to a point. What surprises me are the people willing to pay $300-$400 bucks for a used Hi-Point that if they call around they can still buy new at a gun shop for $120-$200. There are plenty of gun shops here in Utah that have Hi-Points to sell, They move them quickly but they get regular shipments to refill their inventory.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents. As for what something is worth, it's all completely relative. Everything is worth exactly what someone is willing to pay at the time. Look as baseball cards. The material "worth" is what, like .00001 cents of ink and cardboard. Yet people are willing to pay thousands of dollars in some cases for them. If someone is willing to pay $500 for gun that used to be $125, the gun is now worth $500. That's the free market. If people buy it at $500 then it's worth $500. If no one will buy at $500 but will when the price is lowered to $399, it's worth $399.

Things are only worth what you are willing to give for them. I wouldn't spend $10 on some sparkly rock and yellow metal circle for myself, but if I find out I can use it to help catch myself a pretty wife I'd give a lot for it.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Things are only worth what you are willing to give for them. I wouldn't spend $10 on some sparkly rock and yellow metal circle for myself, but if I find out I can use it to help catch myself a pretty wife I'd give a lot for it.
i almost ready to try and catch one with that sparkly rock thing you were talking about, LOL. they seem to like em big, LOL

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
At a local pawn shop I've seen a 995 for 270. I paid 215 for a 4095 4 weeks ago.

·
Registered
222 Posts
There is a guy here trying to sell his C9 for $200...i called and told him you can get one new at a local retailer for $150 and he tried to claim they were more. I later e-mailed him the link to the real price and he is now asking $135! I told him i would give him $120 so we will see what happens!

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
don't forget that you can always offer a lower price. No one is forcing you to pay sticker. I would bring in some evidence of a lower price, and then make an offer.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts