Hi Point to be reviewed on Youtube web cast

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by comrade, Apr 30, 2014.

1. [ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jOQ0BGq07jY[/ame]

This video is part of an upcoming web cast by my friend Steven Minor. Steven and his co-producer Issac are from New Mexico and both work in television programming. After they are done filming this weekend and this segment is produced and on the web I'll. Post another thread of the finished product. If you like the show sign up at Youtube and follow them!

Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
  2. Taping will resume tomorrow for S&I Arsenal's YouTube series on affordable weapon reviews. This series is fun to watch and has really good information on guns that most people can afford. This installation is on Hi-Point Firearms and I'll be hosting a portion of the show from Northwest Ohio, shooting my new out of the box 4595ts. Please subscribe to S&I Arsenal on YouTube for the show!

3. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Hey, you should contact Austin about being a sponsor, that way you could buy some advertising and help us out.

4. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

He changed his handle to "Shooter."

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

5. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    OK....?
    Is he a sponsor, then?

6. talon

talon the banned wagon

and, just an idea, i see there is no magazine in the carbine and its assumed to be ''safe'', but, filming a gun review, from the back of your pickup, parked in your front yard, in the middle of the trailer park, doesnt exactly scream classy.

find a better location, having the guns out, with other ''houses'' that close and likely children around, is NOT the best location for anything to do with firearms. and, it will also give you a much more open minded audience.

really, you're trying to get people who look down at Hi Points to see they are actually great guns, yet, youre doing it from a broke down truck in the middle of a trailer court, that isnt exactly going to win over many people.

7. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Jeeze Talon...that truck looks less broke down than the one I drive every day...:(

8. talon

talon the banned wagon

lol, im sure you see my point though. YES i love my HP's, hell, my truck has no passenger side, just a crumpled mass of black,and primer tinfoil that was once steel, but, its still not gonna convince anyone that whatever im trying to sell out the back of it, is worth buying.

just trying to help him out......i'll wait for the shock to settle.........as his current locale, aint gonna impress too many people into thinking he's pushing quality wares.

9. Back off Talon. Did you watch the other videos on his series? Your pretty harsh aren't you? You shouldn't be like that to me or my friends. I haven't been nasty to you. What is your problem? If you don't like what were doing move on and leave my thread alone. I don't need to see your b.s critical remarks!

10. talon

talon the banned wagon

how am i being nasty? if reality is harsh, then yes, i guess im harsh. i made a serious comment, that will help people believe what you are saying. HOW you promote a product often is more important than the product itself. really, how many Ferrari dealerships have you ever seen in a ghetto? NONE. why? because thier clientel would never step foot there. Trying to ''sell'' a gun from a trailer park is going to attract a very selective group of people, not that living in a trailer is so bad in itself, but, ''higher end'' people are going to look and laugh. its a simple fact of reality. sorry you cant handle that, but its the truth.

if some homeless guy tried selling you a Filet-O-Fish would you buy it? i doubt it. but, put some hot chick in a skirt, at some beachside mcdonalds, and suddently you want one. same concept. HOW you promote a product is how you sell a product.

11. You are a "higher end" person? Calling a guy out for living in a trailer? You sound like a snob to me. His reviews are shot at a different location. Your critical remarks about his home are unwanted on my thread. Are all trailers in the ghetto? Are you so high and mighty? I got your point about location but what your narrow mind can't get is that the reviews are not shot in his driveway. Grow up and get real douche bag...

12. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

The forum owner changed his handle. Apparently his former handle was a bit too identifying and some wanker tracked down his phone number.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

13. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Easy chief....... I don't believe he said anything bad about living on a trailer park..... Or anything about himself being higher end.

14. talon

talon the banned wagon

high and mighty? no. better than anyone else? some. i will say again, like it or not, filming in a trailer park will NOT, repeat NOT get too many people to take you seriously. simple fact. seeing that on youtube, would i take a further look at his other videos? not a chance, as i am willing to be was the case with alot of people. it just plays down any good points that he is trying to make. again, simple fact of life, most people dont say ''oh look, hes filming from his trailer, out of the back of his truck, i cant wait to see more about that!!" once again stone cold reality.

i didnt say look at that poor bastard, isnt he embarrasing or anything against him. i said, how he chose to make the first video likely turned alot of people off to taking him seriously, thats all. you want to turn it into anything more, so be it.

but a fact, is still a fact, and the truth isnt always gumdrops and happy juice.

15. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Take it easy friend. His remarks in post #8 don't seem particularly snarky and you admit that he has a point about not filming the review in the back of a pickup in the middle of a crowded neighborhood. Your best bet would be to write something like, "I agree. That's why the review is filmed at a different location," and just let it flow from there.

Take a deep breath.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

16. Like I said if you don't like it MOVE ON!

17. talon

talon the banned wagon

silly rabbit.

18. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

To be honest, I'm inclined to agree. I really recommend removing that particular video and reshooting it, either from a shooting range (preferably with no one else shooting at the time) or from an indoor location with a simple, uncluttered and neutral background such as on a table top with a white or light gray sheet covering and no background on the walls.

This completely removes everything else from being distractions except the reviewer himself and the item being reviewed.

Here's an example of what I mean: Review of Armory Racks Four Gun Product

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

19. talon

talon the banned wagon

you can only try to help so many times Kirk, he doesnt want to hear it, he's made it perfectly clear. so, im gonna move on, he isnt worth the time or trouble.

20. All I can say is sign into YouTube and watch for the completed video. You can post your critique there. I'm just helping a friend and fellow gun enthusiast out. The series on Hi Points isn't finished yet so stay tuned for that web cast.