Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So recently I got my hi-point carbine 995 and I was doing some research on conversion kits and I saw one (and only one, google image when typing in hi-point conversion kit) picture of a hi-point carbine that was turned into a tmp with some sort of mock silencer to cover up the barrel and a folding paratrooper-type stock. I really like the tmp and would buy one but have read reviews that really turn me away from doing so. So if I could turn my accurate and reliable hi point into a tmp type smg I would love so but I can't find any info on it cause the thread the image is from is dead so pleas if anyone knows what I'm talkin about can I get a name or model of this kit for the hi point or any type of kit where the hi-point is turned to a tmp?!?

Also I know the laws about this and the tax stamp info and everything so please just help me out and leave the rude or belittling comments!!!

Attachments

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
I don't think that was a kit.
That looks like it's completely home made by a very competent individual.
I vaguely remember reading about it, maybe here, maybe somewhere else.

When I see these things my first thought is usually the result is not really worth the effort.

·
Premium Member
3,954 Posts
We will try to help you out, but "leave the rude or belittling comments" may be asking too much.

·
Resident PITA
15,961 Posts
Well they started with an original stock. Don't know what was used for the folding stock or the suppressor. Now either work on your fabrication skills or go talk to a gunsmith.

edit: If the barrel is under a mock suppressor, do you really need a tax stamp for a simple folding stock? Hope that wasn't too rude or belittling for you.

·
Premium Member
3,848 Posts
Stock is from a VZ58. Simple install, just needs a flat surface to mount on and one bolt secures it. Most likely a fake tube over a 16"+ bbl, so not an SBR.

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
That would probably need a SBR stamp unless the folding stock does not fold than it would be fine. But because it does it would make the gun under 26inches overall length making it fall under a SBR.

Something you could do is weld the folding stock so it is permanently fixed and than get a Form 1 for building a silencer and cut the barrel and thread the silencer on like above but you would need to weld the silencer to the barrel so it is permanently attached than your silencer counts as barrel length and as long as the end of the silencer is longer the 16inches you should be fine with only getting a form 1 for the silencer and not a SBR tax stamp.

SBR= under 16inches barrel or under 26inches total length.

·
Premium Member
3,848 Posts
The Feds and 48 states measure overall length with folding stocks extended. Only Kali and MI measure with the stock folded. Unless you live in Kali, MI, or one of the few states with a state level "assault weapon" ban that regulates folders, no need to weld the stock open.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I read about this mod a while back but I can't remember where it was or who did it. It's not a kit. It was monkey stock with the butt stock and forearm cut off, side folder and barrel shroud added.

Edit: Here's another one I saw on ar15forum

2nd Edit: The picture above is a cut down tactical stock BTW.

·
Resident PITA
15,961 Posts
Now we need to figure out the fake can so I can build one.

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
I read about this mod a while back but I can't remember where it was or who did it. It's not a kit. It was monkey stock with the butt stock and forearm cut off, side folder and barrel shroud added.

Edit: Here's another one I saw on ar15forum

2nd Edit: The picture above is a cut down tactical stock BTW.
Now that one I need to do!

·
Resident PITA
15,961 Posts
So whoever finds a 9" to 10" fake can for a 9mm, please post it here.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts