Hi-Point toting security guard at countrymart

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by GrOuNd_ZeRo, Nov 19, 2014.

1. GrOuNd_ZeRo

GrOuNd_ZeRo Gun Fanatic Member

A little while ago I was shopping at Countymart and spotted a Hi-point toting security guard, the 'battery pack' was clearly visible so it would've been a JCP or JHP so I was both highly amused and impressed with countrymart's commitment to keep customers safe in a not so great neighborhood.

2. Don't the cf 380 and C9's have battery packs on the 10 round mags?

3. sdshipoint

sdshipoint Member

Yes, I have two for my C9.

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

4. GrOuNd_ZeRo

GrOuNd_ZeRo Gun Fanatic Member

True! The grip was longer than a C9 though.

5. lsi1

lsi1 Member

leaves me curious as to whether the store provides the security guard with the weapon or he was allowed to bring his own.

6. I haven't ever worked in armed security, but I couldn't imagine protecting anything with a weapon that I don't know the ups and downs of.

7. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

The last security firm I applied for told me that I could purchase the sidearm of my choosing from a list of approved weapons. After training and the 90 day probationary period was completed they would reimburse me. The list was really short, mostly glock, 9mm or .40 only. This was a big boy security outfit though. They protect Lockheed Martin, IBM, another chip carrier manufacturer, and a company I can't name that fabricated the large panel Phoenix circuit boards for the prototype full body scanners used by the TSA.