HMMM. I don't know about this one.

Does the pistol fire?

Yes

Does the pistol Jam?

No

Is the pistol accurate?

Yes

Call Hi-Point for service?

Why? Unless it is just to thank them for a fine operating pistol.

·
Banned
19,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Does the pistol fire?

Yes

Does the pistol Jam?

No

Is the pistol accurate?

Yes

if you follow that path and still have a problem then it is time to call HP.

SW

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Everything cannot be covered in a 640x426 flowchart, however I think it will cut down on the repetitive "it jams", "fails to feed", and "fails to fire"... which are the most reposted/reanswered questions we get.
+1 to SW!
And you can always refer to the "Did this chart remedy your issue(s)?" box... and go from there!

·
Registered
235 Posts
That just goes to show you, there's alway a critic in the audience. I for one appreciate the effort fellows. The longer HP doesn't have to deal with returns that could be fixed in the basement the longer they can keep costs down.
Regards

·
U.S.S.
2,253 Posts
Oh I do appreciate the effort. That just goes to show you that some folks don't understand the concept of constructive criticism.

·
U.S.S.
2,253 Posts
I think it could be improved if you changed the "is the pistol accurate" to something like "Accuracy Problems or Other" then break off into accuracy and the other would lead to "Call Hi-Point". That would also flow better since the chart is supposed to be for the carbines as well.

G

·
I just bought a new C9. At the range, I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn at 7 yards. I normally shoot an XD9 very accurately. Given this info, using your chart, I never get to "shooting accurately" because the gun jammed both ejecting and loading. I follow the chart and skoot right past accuracy to jamming. I understand that the gun needs to be broken in more. I only fired 50 rounds through it, but 10 of the rounds hung going in or out. I hope this helps in refining the chart. As an added interesting note, after I bought the gun as new, I found my initials (coincidence!) carved into the bottom of the magazine. It leads me to believe it was previously sold and then returned. Go figure...

I do fire one handed, weak side, due to a stroke I suffered a few years ago. Any thoughts on my experiences with the gun? Thanks ^-^

·
Banned
19,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just bought a new C9. At the range, I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn at 7 yards. I normally shoot an XD9 very accurately. Given this info, using your chart, I never get to "shooting accurately" because the gun jammed both ejecting and loading. I follow the chart and skoot right past accuracy to jamming. I understand that the gun needs to be broken in more. I only fired 50 rounds through it, but 10 of the rounds hung going in or out. I hope this helps in refining the chart. As an added interesting note, after I bought the gun as new, I found my initials (coincidence!) carved into the bottom of the magazine. It leads me to believe it was previously sold and then returned. Go figure...

I do fire one handed, weak side, due to a stroke I suffered a few years ago. Any thoughts on my experiences with the gun? Thanks ^-^
your jams are more than likely due to limp wristing the pistol. grip it firmly and hold it steady and see if your jams go away. letting the gun bounce around too much can cause problems. the way you describe shooting it may exacerbate the situation.

SW

SW

·
Registered
67 Posts
Awesome, just got my c9 2 days ago and was wondering about the jam problem myself. I heard the guns don't like Winchester a whole lot. Any truth to this?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yeah the flow chart is good to have but it does make you stumble. A few well placed key strokes would fix it right up. On the subject of the c9, I bought one in September and have fired 150 rounds flawlessly. I like the gun, though it lacks finishing school. The price and warranty is what sold me, the tightwad that I am. It shoots straight, fast , and comfortable, and if you back it off 18" it begins to look good, like my wife with the lights on low!!! LOL

·
Registered
36 Posts
well i plan on buying a high point 9mm so i hope it is a good batch and even if it is a bad batch i hope with all these posting and info i will be able to realy on it for protection and dependablity when and if i need to use it to protect me and my family. i also plan on buying a 45 from high point .

·
Registered
33 Posts

Does the pistol fire?

Yes

Does the pistol Jam?

No

Is the pistol accurate?

Yes

I love analytical people

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts

If your pistol needs more "breaking in" loading the magazine for a couple of weeks. If that doesn't break the magazine in good enough try only loading 7 rounds, or so, until it in broken in. A far as accuracy is concerned, I can't speak to your experience because it seems atypical to me. Even if you do get the feeding problems worked, If you are able to shoot other pistols accurately and can't with the c-9, I would send it back and get them to figure out the problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i had my hi point for about three weeks....shot it four times. four times it jamed. looked on this forum and adjusted the lips. adjusted the lips to the desired dims. tried

it. didnt work. adjust .030" more still didnt work. took it to the gunsmith at the store i bought it in. he couldnt figure out what was wrong. he took a brand new mag out

of another box and tried it. it jammed too. proceeded to give my gun back and put the money i had on it into a solid gun. ruger p95. shot 40 continuous rounds out of it.

liked the hipoint!!! i just think the mags are shit! i had two mags and i saw the problem with them. they would feed correct the first one out of the gate. the second

would be pointing down not up. so i repeat ....mags are not consructed well and shit! called the number for 9mm. dude told me first thing was not to shoot winchester

white box. come on now really? he wanted me to shoot the most expensive bullets. NOT!

no need to reply to this in any shape form or fashion. dont care that your a hipoint fan and stand by them. if i stood by them i would have to throw my gun at them and

run like hell.

·
Super Moderator
28,581 Posts
called the number for 9mm. dude told me first thing was not to shoot winchester white box. come on now really? he wanted me to shoot the most expensive bullets. NOT!
Winchester White Box is NOT the least expensive ammunition. Federal is less expensive and seems to have a better reputation for working in finicky guns. And there's a whole host of other ammunition which is on par for price with WWB. You don't have to shoot expensive ammo, but you might have to try more than one manufacturer before crying about it on the 'net.

Peace favor your sword (IH),
Kirk

1 - 20 of 34 Posts