Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Grand Master is a USPSA classification for the highest level of shooting. Rob Leatham and Jerry Miculek are Grand Masters.
Matt Kartozian entered into a PCC Steel Challenge classification competition in Arizona with a 9mm HP carbine.
He is the first winner of a Grand National classification with a HiPoint.
He's the author of an article written for Guns America Digest. Pretty neat stuff huh?
Who's gonna trash the HiPoint now hhmmm?

·
Administrator
24,572 Posts
Have a link to an article? I would like to read about that event. :)
The article was already posted in it's own thread by the author and set off the spam filter then the link came up with attached malware so I deleted it. That makes this thread highly suspect since the OP hasn't posted since 2017...

Go find it yourself.

·
Premium Member
35,820 Posts
I think every spam filter in the world is biased these days, as advertising drives everything on the net including this site.

Is this link bad?

·
Administrator
24,572 Posts
I think every spam filter in the world is biased these days, as advertising drives everything on the net including this site.

Is this link bad?
The "author" was a bot account tied to a Russian IP. This post is also suspect because the OP has never posted about anything but reloading and FS/FT adverts for components. Also hasn't posted in almost 6 years but suddenly this is it?

So if Guns America Digest is phishing with bots and spam attacks they can stay off this site. Y'all are the ones complaining about the bots...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh give me a break will ya!!!
I get the stinkin Guns America Digest monthly in my email. The article was in it PEROID.
SO IF YA THINK IM SOME SPY BOT IDENTITY THIEF THEN STRIKE MY ACCOUNT AND ILL NEVER BE BACK!

So not posting means i dont participate???? I cant come here and read?
I find an article that is positive on HiPoint, how many of those are written on a weekly monthly yearly basis????
if ya wanna read the article look it up yerself, thats why I stated the authors name and periodical it was written in !!!!!

·
Administrator
24,572 Posts
Oh give me a break will ya!!!
I get the stinkin Guns America Digest monthly in my email. The article was in it PEROID.
SO IF YA THINK IM SOME SPY BOT IDENTITY THIEF THEN STRIKE MY ACCOUNT AND ILL NEVER BE BACK!

So not posting means i dont participate???? I cant come here and read?
I find an article that is positive on HiPoint, how many of those are written on a weekly monthly yearly basis????
if ya wanna read the article look it up yerself, thats why I stated the authors name and periodical it was written in !!!!!
You waited 6 years to post an article that was previously posted by a bot account that's tied to a corporation that recently acquired the forum and plainly states they will take over inactive accounts and use them to post advertising and links to paying customer's forums and increase their traffic. Not to mention the fact that the little flag by your name switched from US to Canada, and back to US.

So yeah, you hit all the marks of a bot account. If you don't like the fact that I found that to be extremely suspicious, then feel free to take a walk...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You waited 6 years to post an article that was previously posted by a bot account that's tied to a corporation that recently acquired the forum and plainly states they will take over inactive accounts and use them to post advertising and links to paying customer's forums and increase their traffic. Not to mention the fact that the little flag by your name switched from US to Canada, and back to US.

So yeah, you hit all the marks of a bot account. If you don't like the fact that I found that to be extremely suspicious, then feel free to take a walk...
[/QU

So can you please explain why my flag would switch as you say? Since I have no idea how would that happen?
Is there a glitch in the system yer running? Cuz if it switched, you guys got sumpthin goin on in yer server hardware or software.

·
Administrator
24,572 Posts
So can you please explain why my flag would switch as you say? Since I have no idea how would that happen?
Is there a glitch in the system yer running? Cuz if it switched, you guys got sumpthin goin on in yer server hardware or software.

Simple. If the system detected an IP from another country. It's also the evil overlord's system, not mine. We staffers are just regular members with more responsibility. I'm an Admin because the old owners used to abandon us. The new owners rotate several people through their main Administrator account and whatever country they're in, or wherever their VPN pings them from, makes the flag next to their name change. The system also uses anti-plagiarism and IP tracking software to detect bots and spammers by running it up against several online blacklists. Both your post, and the original post that I deleted from the author of the article flagged our spam system.

I deleted the original because it was totally obvious that it was a phishing expedition.

Your post had the link removed but left up because it was suspect, not obviously spam. The timing of your post within 72 hours of the original being deleted and banned as spam made me wary.

You were given the chance to speak up. The new owners take over inactive accounts and use them to phish their own forums for their paid sponsors and pretend that it's to boost activity. If that had been the case here, there wouldn't have been another post, along with a few other telltale signs, and I would have known for sure it was a hijacked account.

Reactions: Rerun

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you for your informative answer. I appreciate your timely response.
If I read sumpthin and post it like I did I dont put links cuz of above.
That's why I posted name and article originator.

·
Administrator
24,572 Posts
Thank you for your informative answer. I appreciate your timely response.
If I read sumpthin and post it like I did I dont put links cuz of above.
That's why I posted name and article originator.
Not necessarily. As long as it's a clean link it's okay. The original link itself, from the bot's deleted thread, tripped my personal anti-everything software. 99% of the time, links from users are clean and safe because you guys used them yourselves. Occasionally we've had a few come directly from emails that members have gotten and those tend to be wonky because it's a direct phish they requested by being on the mailing list.

The good thing is you're you and not a bot, so welcome back and feel free to jump back in!

·
Registered
Anything but GLOCKS
78 Posts
The new owners take over inactive accounts and use them to phish their own forums for their paid sponsors and pretend that it's to boost activity.
Did not know that.
I need to look through my posts to see what all I did in the 8 years I was sick.

·
Administrator
24,572 Posts
Did not know that.
I need to look through my posts to see what all I did in the 8 years I was sick.
We're pretty good about catching it so if they had hijacked you, you would be gone already...

Be glad nobody remembers you? Lol

·
Registered
Anything but GLOCKS
78 Posts
I checked, all my old stuff is gone, the only thing is what I've posted the last few months.

·
Administrator
24,572 Posts
I checked, all my old stuff is gone, the only thing is what I've posted the last few months.
10 years here and only the posts from the last 2 months showing. Same with your IP's. According to the system you have never even logged in until 2 months ago...

Looks like you almost got got....lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts