Hi Points are crap!

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by greg_r, Jan 7, 2015.

1. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

At least that's what a coworker said at lunch today. It really hurt my feelings to tell him that my Hi Point is one of only 3 of my handguns that has never failed me.:rolleyes:

2. HPDAD

HPDAD Member

Most people who say that have never shot or owned one. They're going off of what somebody else told them. There's always the "it jammed, then it blew up in his hand" story that's never been verified.

3. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Yup. Sure are. I like crap. Accurate, reliable crap.

4. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

I have a BAD habit of collecting CRAP!
    You should see my garage?

5. Delbert

Delbert Member

I myself like crap guns.

You might want to show some pics of how well they make Glocks if your coworker doesn't like HPs.

If it requires a $600+ gun to run 500 or more rounds through it before the gun is considered broke-in or reliable, then a person might want to ask themself-----why does it require firing so much ammo, if it's such a good gun?

You'd think with over 100yrs under it's belt, a 1911 would be perfected by this time, right from the factory----no matter who made it.

6. RedRaptor22

RedRaptor22 Member

We all know this, and they really are when you think about it the way I do. A hi-point is like an axe, not fancy or elegant by any stretch.

Mine shoots the as it did the first shot ten boxes ago every single shot.

7. A mil spec 1911 usually is dependable right from the box. But many of the 1911's on the market are not mil spec. The original 1911 was a loose goose that shot very well most every time.

8. Outlaw

Outlaw Supporting Member

I've owned many high dollar guns in my day. Some of them were jammers and fail to fire queens. I've seen multi-thousand dollar Belgium Browning and Parazzi shotguns jam on the skeet range while on the Air Force Skeet Team. Don't think I need to speak of my M16 experience. :( I bought a Japanese copy of the old Browning Auto .22 that was a great little, highly sought after gun back in the 60's. The Jap copy actually accepts practically all Browning parts. This little rifle can shoot as fast as you can pull the trigger, eats anything, and has never FTE/FTF'd me. I paid $125.00 for it. And yes, I own a 4095. Just sayin :rolleyes:

9. You forgot affordable.

10. Delbert

Delbert Member

This might be the problems with a lot of manufacturers who copy and make "look-alike" guns of today.

You can't perfect upon, what was already perfect to begin with.

11. jcwit

jcwit Member

I bet that little Browning replica was the Norinco copy made in China imported by Interarms, I have one, great little gun.

Do I like crap guns? Not really, but I do like my Hi-Point C9, great handgun price be dammed.

Many folks can not get the idea that price alone is not the criteria for quality. But hey, I'm an old bald headed, fat man, what do I know after 63 years of owning guns.

12. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

Whatch your Mom's name?
    We might be brothers?

13. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

I am not bald yet but my hair is in full retreat.

14. Hi-point 380 (first time shooting) - first 10 rounds (11 actually) were my spouse

[​IMG]

2nd 10 rounds were mine

[​IMG]

No FTF or FTE's...what a piece of junk!

Can't wait to get back to the range....

15. I'll trade my hair for heart in good condition...

16. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Sorry but I am still using mine and don't have a spare. So far the ticker is holding up well but the framing is falling apart. Saturday going through airport security will be fun. I set off the metal detector every time. I go straight to the full body scanner without them even asking me and then a pat down every time. How come the cute TSA chicks never pat me down?:mad:

17. monsterdawg

monsterdawg Member

Wolfman, are you speaking of perfection? Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

18. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    Your second 10 rounds look kind of like what my wife did at Shooters World last week. Your wife's group looks great, too. I hope to take my new HP 45 out to see how it shoots this weekend. Hopefully, it will look like your HP 380's group. We shall see.

19. Outlaw

Outlaw Supporting Member

Bingo jcwit, it's a Norinco. ;)

Think1st. The only difference between yours and your wife's shooting is hers would hurt a hell of a lot more before you finally succomed. ;)

Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
  20. GLUGLUG

GLUGLUG Supporting Member

NC
    I rescued my JHP from a pawn shop a little over 2 years ago. Have put over 3k through it and who knows how many went through it before I got it. It has choked on exactly 50 rounds and they were all from the same box of WWB.
    Actually it was more like 25 since it seemed like every other round did it.
    So 25 out of over 3k. Less than 1% and that was just a rough box that I force fed it just to be rid of the stuff. At 25 yards I can get a full mag in about a 3" group. What a piece of crap....I love it!