Hi Points Gone From Cheaper Than Dirt, GOGs?

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by BigDaveKaty, Apr 7, 2015.

1. What's going on with Hi Point? I went to CTD and they had very few and the price was WAY up from what I bought mine for in FEB. Gallery of Guns had no pistols at all. Anything?

2. bluharley

bluharley Member

I noticed that at CTD a while ago. Strange.

3. what_now

what_now Member

I noticed the Hi Point web site now reads "If you own a 9mm handgun, 380 handgun, 9mm carbine, .40 cal carbine, .45 cal carbine then call:
    Strassell's Machine
    1015 Springmill Rd.
    Mansfield, OH 44906
    419-747-9444
    419-747-6095 "
    Most of us knew that was coming but it's finally on the website now.
    And the website no longer has online manuals for C9 or CF380 anymore. Only JHP 45 ACP, JCP 40 S&W, .40 S&W Handgun, .45 ACP Handgun.
    Maybe design changes are coming. I doubt it....... but maybe.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
  4. Interesting. I hope we can get upgrades if that's what's Comeing. I just bought my carbine.

5. I just went to the website and I didn't see anything like that. What does "Most of us knew what was coming bit it's finally..." mean? Knew what? I'm totally in the dark. I love my JCP and was looking at a 380.

6. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Around here on HPFF we've been talking about the change of ownership for a little while. The more apt modifier to that statement is "Most of us at HPFF knew what was coming."

We've been noticing subtle changes on their website over the years, additions to the product line in the 380 carbine, grips, hydro dipped stocks, etc.

We're not big fans of CTD around here so not having them carry the HP line of firearms isn't much skin off our nose. Check Bud's or one of the other online retailers, I'm sure you'll find a .380 you'll be able to jump on in short order.

7. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Bud's has plenty, but the price look about $20 to $30 higher than last time I checked.

8. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

I noticed the msrp on the hp home page has gone up slightly as well in recent months.

9. what_now

what_now Member

Most of us (I thought) on HPFF knew that Beemiller was now Strassell's
    below are screenshot from Hi Point website

Attached Files:

10. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Love to see some upgrades and new big-boy calibers, but hoping to NOT see big price increases and "cost cutting measures" :(

11. 0311

0311 Member

I usually start a search for a new gun at CTD. I was looking for a C-9 today. Went from there to Bud's, Finally ended up at KY GUN CO. They had one in stock for $143 shipped to my FFL. Best price I could find.

My FFL could not find any available.

12. sdbrit68

sdbrit68 Supporting Member

The C9 is usually $179 to $199 at turners outdoorsman locally.

I guess the question is, does the majority think this is a good thing or a bad thing ?

13. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    I have never seen one in an LGS. I bought my JHP from CTD for $130 back in December, and I got my 4595 from Impact Guns back in February for $278 after shipping costs. Anyone looking for deals should check them, too.

14. Leo801

Leo801 Member

Well, I have to apologize, it's my luck that brought any poor changes in the Hi point line as I have just recently become a fan and just today an owner. As that goes, my luck would have it any other way than to have a good thing screwed up. I suspect higher prices and unavailability will be the punishment you all pay for my new found appreciation of this product....I'm sorry :eek:

15. Kiln

Kiln Member

What you guys should be asking yourselves is:

Why the hell you're looking at CTD in the first place. We get screwed enough by anti gunners without grabbing our toes for companies like CTD that cancel orders and jack prices up every time there's a hint of panic induced buying. That website was the home of the $90 Promags and $300 bricks of .22lr not too long ago. Oh and more recent still, the XM855 ammo that jumped $100 per case when the ATF mentioned that they were trying to ban it.

16. USMC_VET

USMC_VET Supporting Member

Right now CTD has lake city ss109 $111.59 per 250 rd count box which is a good price

Just bought a couple hundred rounds of nosler 77 grain Sierra tip otm from CTD the other night . Might buy some barnes triple shock 77 grain also later this month

17. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

The most polite thing I could bring myself to say to Dirtier Than Cheap is "get bent ya wangs."

The least polite is unprintable on a family forum and if I were Catholic I'd have to go to Confession merely for thinking it. ;)

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

18. rippinryno

rippinryno Well-Known Member

several times a year my lgs will have hi point for $149 before tax. c9, jcp, and 380.

Glad to see i'm not the only one who doesn't like cheaper than dirt. buds is my go to for arms.

19. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

I can find both carbines and pistols around here. The LGS and Calbela's are higher than online but if one is careful you can pick them up for a good price when they are put on sale. I got my JHP for $148 OTD at Cabela's.

20. I got my JCP at Buds and I'm very happy with them. I just keep an eye on CTD because it's easy to read/find, etc. I was just shocked that there was no availability and prices were jacked up. Now at Buds there are many fewer models, most are "out of stock" and prices are higher. I guess my question is "what's going on with Hi Point?". When open carry passes here in TX I am going to need another JCP!

Last edited: Apr 8, 2015