Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone think that today's economy will actually be beneficial to hi-point, since more people who need firearms will be looking for a cheaper option? Maybe the snob's won't be as snobby? ^-^

·
Registered
39 Posts
Barring actual federal government bans or draconian restrictions on American firearms ownership, a well run company producing a quality product at a fair price as Hi Point appears to be doing, should do very well.

Hi Point's warranty performance appears to be exceptional also, which says a great deal about their manufacturing quality and their customer orientation.

Sounds like an American success story to me. . .

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Firearms, are one of the few industries that do well in a down economy.
Consider the news it was either yesterday or today. Robberies are up, burglaries are up, home invasions are up.

People are either unemployed or working reduced hours and can't afford alot..

Gun sales are soaring.

Time for Hi-Point to invest in more manufacturing capacity.

Now there's economic stimulis. Hi-Point invests in new machinery and the companies making the machines need to invest and hire. Hi-Point and the machine manf, need to hire more people.
More drivers needed to deliver the guns. More mechanics to service the trucks. More fuel station attendants and refinery workers.
People wanting ammo for their new guns. Ammo companies invest in supplies, equipment and employees......

Hmmm, Hi-Point saving the economy. Now theres an idea.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Honestly when I went to buy a new pistol, I was looking for an old Davis P380 or a Jennings or Taurus 9mm used. I used to talk down about HP's until I bought my C9. I believe that all mechanical items need a bit of refining per owners needs or desires. However, I am thoroughly pleased with my purchase and the price. I see HP doing exceptionally well in this down time. When I called Beemiller on Tuesday, it took five trys before I got through without a busy signal! I would say that they are doing pretty good. Maybe they could give me a job! LOL
Recap- Hi-Points are an inexpensive, dependable firearm. I think that they will do well in the future, even more so than they are now. My only regret is waiting so long to wake up and smell the gunpowder.

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
I think it's a no brainier to say that buying stock in Hi Point in this economy would be a good move! Does anyone know if they are publicly held?

·
Registered
222 Posts
I am ashamed to say that I didn't even think about stock/shares until you said something. I will have to ask when I talk to them next time.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Buying stock is kinda what I was thinking. 8) Beat's investing in the automakers.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Buying stock now thats a great idea, now would you buy Hipoint or MKS Supply??
Is MKS supply a parent company of Hipoint? or just a distributor?

Jet

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
It got me looking around and I found Hi Point. I'm even picking mine up tomorrow morning (4 days early) I decided to get all 4 calibers since the price is right.

·
Registered
735 Posts
i was on my other forum here in georgia and someone put up a post about hi points, i can not believe the snobs in georgia a lot of trash talk about them so i put my too cents in and even offered to go to a range with my hi points agianst any other automatic but so far no takers, i have three hipoints 380,45,9mm, all cost me less than one hi priced 45.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If you out shot them, all they would say is that you gun is to ugly. Again, just ego talking I think.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.