Hi Points OEM Side Rail Question

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by Zamboni, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Zamboni

Zamboni Member

Hey fellas, just ordered the side rail pack (for a 45ts carbine) from the high point website. Wondering how long they are (in inches or slots)

Thanks in advance for the help

Zamboni

2. Hi if it is the same as the rail pack that comes with the ati pro line ones ,,, and sides rails are each two inches,, that is what the sides are on mine,,,,, bottom rail is 8 inches and top rail is 17 inches but again they are from different company

3. Zamboni

Zamboni Member

Found a nice clear picture of a carbine with the side rails... 15 slots

Feel free to delete the thread

Zamboni

4. subarunut

subarunut MOLON LABE, MOFO

I'm really NOT stupid, I've been a jet aircraft mechanic, a car mechanic, an electrician, and I've built modded and rebuilt a bunch of weapons, BUT I cant figure out an easy and simple way to get the screws/whatever they are out of the barrel shroud so I can install the 15 spot side rails on my NEW 995ts. I know I can punch or drill them out, but that doesn't seem like the most wise thing to do, also seems a bit archaic.

HELP!!!!

5. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    I'm guessing you mean the imbedded nuts? Remove the allen bolts and split the stock in half. Take the half with the nuts and from the inside screw in the allen screws part way so the head end is still protruding. Then smack the screw with a rubber mallet and drive the nut out.

Attached Files:

6. subarunut

not the stock embedded nuts, those on the barrel fore end where the side rails fit.

7. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Only other nuts I can think of are the ones for the bottom rail, and they fall out when you take the stock apart. Can you post a pic?

8. subarunut

picture is not possible, all you see is shadows. ?The nuts are on the sides of the shroud, the HP SIDE RAILS fit right into the holes where they are. It looks like the keep the shroud together.

9. subarunut

Finally got through to HiPoint. They told me that the screws that hold the sides of the barrel shroud together, and where you mount the HP side rails, are actually screws with a 1/8 inch allen wrench. If you're in a real pinch, they are also pretty close to a #3 mm metric size.

Thanks for the help guys, hopefully this will help someone else.

Ron