Hi

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by patrick0823, Dec 13, 2014.

1. patrick0823

patrick0823 Member

First post to this forum. But just held a jcp and really liked it. The clerk at gander mtn tried to convince me to get a kahr. But im thinking the jcp will be my Christmas gift.

2. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Welcome to the forum!..... I've got a jcp, and I like it a lot!.....

3. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Hello and welcome to the asylum. I am a JHP kinda guy myself but the JCP is almost as good. It suffers from caliber envy but other than that you can't beat the bang for the buck. :D

4. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Oh, I forgot to let you know that the first thing you need to do is load up the mag and let it set for a few days at least. This will help prevent most feeding issues with a new pistol.

5. patrick0823

patrick0823 Member

Hahaha thanks guys I like the 40 s&w because there isnt a 10 mm yet

6. wganz

wganz Supporting Member

I've got both a Kahr and 3 Hi-Points.

The Kahr would a lot thinner and easier for concealed carry. I have a CW-45 and it uses 1911 mags.

The Hi-Point would a lot cheaper for home defense and with the large blow back action slide, has relatively mild recoil.

I've only got 3 Hi-Points now and they tend to increase in # like rabbits. :eek:
    Hi-Points are cheap enough that "GET BOTH" is a real option! :cool:

7. patrick0823

patrick0823 Member

I go shoot a lot and dont have a pistol it would be more of a range toy got a pf9 for cc

8. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

Welcome to the forum!

9. 0311

0311 Member

Welcome from S.E.Michigan

Take my advice, buy as many Hi-Points as you can. I like having a FULL gun safe. Hi-Points make that possible. I have 3 so far. Working on getting both 9mm's soon.

10. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

WELCOME from the home state of Hi Point!

40's are good!