Hidden Ignore Button FOUND!

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Strangerous, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

Here's a quick tip on using the HIDDEN/SECRET ignore button on "phpBB Group" forums (like this one) This was found after many hours of research, and will eliminate any unwanted poster's posts to be seen by yourself.

All you need to do is follow these 4 easy steps, and the posts from unwanted people will not appear to you, they will vanish! *WOW*

FIRST: Find the posts you do not want to see, and hover (with your mouse) over the user's name. (can be in open forum or at bottom of page)

THEN: Press the CTRL+ALT key at the same time.

THEN: Hold down the ALT key only.

IN ENDING: Press the Function key #4 (F4) while following the last step

Viola! No more annoying posts.

2. I wonder how many people are going to fall for this lol

3. OK, I would have tried it before 4095's comment, now what does it really do? :)

4. Ahhhh Strangerous... you are soooo bad! :lol: :lol: :lol:

5. Let me guess, turns the PC off? :)

6. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

Negative, do it and find out...
    PS: It is not harmful to do it.

7. JasonJ

JasonJ Member

hehehehe... alt-F4.. sneaky.

8. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

And you thought the S in my Avatar meant "Strangerous" ... how sheeple. :LOL: I'm kidding!

9. alt + F4 closes out any open browsers you have on your PC at the time.

10. LOL good one.

Does anyone remember the "virus" that turned the image on the monitor upside down?

Pranks are cool as long as they dont hurt anything :)

11. alt+F4 is a fun trick for the kids in the online video game, say something like "press Alt+F4 to enable god mode, use now before (makes of video game) find out about this!"

12. Like creating a bitmap of someones desktop and putting it in their startup folder or switching mouse buttons.

The ole id 10 t errorFor those of you not familiar with it put the letters together and you get id10t.

13. I've used the ID 10 T on some newbies at work... Funny stuff.

14. sneaky!!! some of us comp. illiterates may have fell for this. tsk, tsk...:)
    lol!