Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been contemplating the Deep Woods Ruck for a long time. Finally bit and ordered one. It was waiting for me Friday when I got home. I wasted no time attaching it to my ALICE pack frame. I have not had it on loaded, but I can tell a difference just in the way it feels on the back. (I did have the French F-1 tent in it, but will need to see how it does with some real weight in it). I had been in contact with @CamoDeafie about his recommendations about a better frame, but I have a feeling that the milsurp frame might just work. Also have a Fireforce suspension system and kidney belt. I might sell or return them and get the HW suspension.

The pack itself doesn't appear to be as big as the Large ALICE. But it loads well. I have loaded it for work this week. I have a 36 oz bag of coffee beans in one side pocket, and a 64 ounce jug of juice in the other. In the bucket I have my queen size bed clothes, 4 days worth of clothes, shower towels, and a bag of staples. There is still almost half the bucket left.

It attaches to the frame by sliding into the sleeve and it also has 6 attachment points. Rather than the sleeve and 2 attachment points the ALICE pack had. I think that may be why it seems to ride better. Each suspension strap wraps around the top of the frame, the main strap attaches to each side of the frame (these are the 2 attachment points the ALICE has), and each closure strap wraps around the bottom of the frame. It's a much better system.

First impression? Why did I wait so long to buy one of these!
Brown Product Luggage and bags Khaki Beige
Brown Luggage and bags Sleeve Bag Webbing

Reactions: ichthyo and ajole

·
Premium Member
9,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re-reading my post and realized that I mis spoke. The suspension straps do not attach the top of the pack to the frame. The closure straps do. They are three thicknesses deep and wrap around the frame to add support. The pack is firmly attached to the frame.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts